Interchangable power antennas???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interchangable power antennas???

I'm in the process of acquiring some parts (antenna, lock actuator, window motor) to have a random minor repair day in the near future to sort out a few lingering issues with the 86 Crown Vic.

I few years ago I buggered up the power antenna by trying to retract it when I left the car outside overnight during the winter when the garage was bring drywalled. There was a bit of ice and snow on the car and I'm pretty sure I stripped the gears in the antenna motor. Luckily it was about 3/4 of the way extended, so the radio still worked. However, I want to sort it out as it bugs me when things don't work properly.

I assume power antennas are interchangeable between For products of that vintage, but can anyone verify if Sable/Taurus and/or 88-91 Crown Vic antennas would fit the 86 Crown Vic? I know the Town Car antennas are quite different.

Thanks in advance for any input.
    sigpic

if the radio part of the antenna works, I'd replace the mast in the antenna. Those things seem prone to failure in a way that the mast no longer actually connects to the antenna coax and the radio doesn't receive for shit. The mast isn't real hard to replace. Basically you remove the nut at the bottom of it and have someone run the antenna all the way up. The whole thing will just come out. Feed the new mast in and run the motor down.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

The antenna cable is 2 piece on the 90-91 power antennas. If you get the whole assembly from a 90-91 you can use it in your 86. Sable/Taurus will NOT interchange. The replacement mast is the same early eighties to 1991, but has to come from a Grand Marq. or a Crown Vic. WagonMan
      89 Colony Park
      90 Colony Park
      70 HEMI Daytona Convertible

Comment

Working...
      X