Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is correct for an '86 MGM?? Switch.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is correct for an '86 MGM?? Switch.

EOVB-19A-328-A2B

EOAZ-18C-621-B

Thanks!

Didn't see a photo of the bottom number but did see the top one and it looks like the correct one.
    What I Own: 1993 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
    What I Help Maintain: 1996 CV / 1988 CV / 1988 Tempo

Comment

Car has auto temp control only one switch can be the correct one???

Comment

First one EOVB-19A328-A2B
        https://www.ebay.com/itm/EOVB-19A328...-/161268250351
        Pics:

Second one E0AZ-18C621-B
        https://www.ebay.com/itm/NOS-1980-19...-/362958862965
        Pics:
        Attached Files

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
        Originally posted by gadget73
        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
        Originally posted by dmccaig
        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

From what I can see, they should both work. What's the number on the one you have currently?

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post
            From what I can see, they should both work. What's the number on the one you have currently?
            Sly only one claims that it is for a car without auto temp control.

Comment

there is no 19A328 section in the master parts manual that I can find, so not a clue.
              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I say get the one that is supposed to work with your setup.

Comment

I found 18C821, it says for all 80-89 Ford and Mercury, E0AZ-18C621-B. Both with heated windshield and/or heated back window.

Towncar uses the same part.

I honestly have no idea what that other part is. Different and seemingly non-existant group number that puts it with the AC parts, and its for an '80 Lincoln.
                  5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I found 18C821, it says for all 80-89 Ford and Mercury, E0AZ-18C621-B. Both with heated windshield and/or heated back window.

Towncar uses the same part.

I honestly have no idea what that other part is. Different and seemingly non-existant group number that puts it with the AC parts, and its for an '80 Lincoln.

Comment

I would think the Auto Temp part only concerns the switch for the fan speeds. Can't see why the rear window defroster switch would be affected.

Comment

If I get this switch (it would be the third one) is there any way I can test it with a DMM to determine if it will continue to draw 12 volts from the battery even when the switch is off? What a f-ed up design from Ford:-(

Comment

Something is strange as I have never seen this kind of issue from a defroster switch. Are you sure there is not an issue elsewhere in the system? Wiring, grids, etc....?

Comment

Originally posted by friskyfrankie View Post
                            Something is strange as I have never seen this kind of issue from a defroster switch. Are you sure there is not an issue elsewhere in the system? Wiring, grids, etc....?
                            This is a common weakness with these defog switches, well known to be sure. When the harness is removed from the switch the battery does not go dead. Hook the switch up and in a few days dead battery.

Comment

You could find the fuse the defroster is on and run a parasitic draw test (plenty of videos on Youtube for this) before and after pulling the fuse. This will ensure you have the right circuit. Are you sure there is no damage to the wiring/harness leading up to the switch? Again, it is always possible but have never seen this switch do that. Since it is not a "hot wired" circuit, it would have to be a short in the switch to draw power with the car off.

Comment

Working...
                              X