Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 351wcrayz
    replied
    in the windshield/speaker problem, get the 1 way/4 way driver you need, find a vise somewhere thats bolted down, screw the ebd, bout 1/2" from the tip and make a 90+degree bend, will work then..

Leave a comment:

• torquelover
    replied
    I just mounted the head unit's sleeve right into the dash. It holds my dash trim piece (broken tabs) to the plastic DIN adapter behind the dash. There is a little metal visible at certain angles that I'll hit with some black paint the next time the head unit is out.

Leave a comment:

• 87_crown_vic
    replied
    ok....pics aint the greatest. but you can see how i used 2 of the mounting brackets. i used one as a spacer to push ht radio out then used the bracket that bolts it in. had to do a couple small mods to one bracket that has the circle things around edge of hole for stereo on bracket.
    Last edited by 87_crown_vic; 01-30-2008, 10:16 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Nathan in MI
    replied
    Originally posted by P72Ford View Post
    Sorry for the confusion
    Nah. Don't sweat it.

Originally posted by 1987cp
    Hey, always interesting to learn folks' names. I guess we could call you Nate Jr. or Nato II? Or how about N2?

Leave a comment:

• 1987cp
    replied
    Hey, always interesting to learn folks' names. I guess we could call you Nate Jr. or Nato II? Or how about N2? :p

Leave a comment:

• P72Ford
    replied
    Originally posted by Nathan in MN View Post
    Oh, you Nate, not me Nate. lol
    Sorry for the confusion

Leave a comment:

• Nathan in MI
    replied
    Oh, you Nate, not me Nate. lol

Leave a comment:

• P72Ford
    replied
    Originally posted by P72Ford View Post
    Its the same head unit as this Nate has (thats me). Except mine has a slightly larger screen, and the disk opening is behind the faceplate.
    Its fixed

Leave a comment:

• Nathan in MI
    replied
    Same as what?

Leave a comment:

• P72Ford
    replied
    Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
    Looks nice, cosmetics don't even clash with the interior that badly. Is that the same head unit as Nate's?
    Its the same head unit as this Nate. Except mine has a slightly larger screen, and the disk opening is behind the faceplate.

Leave a comment:

• gadget73
    replied
    Originally posted by 87_crown_vic View Post
    i will get pictures of how i installed Donnas stereo. i will take a pic of the brackets and how it all went together. this is how hers turned out. figured i would show hers and a pic of mine since i do the installs.
    I see the Vic has the same problem the Towncar does, the trim ring for the stereo doesn't fit and you can see the metal bracket in there a bit around the edge. I think that must be common to all Fords, I've never installed one and been able to use the trim deal. Last time I did one, I cheated and just took electrical tape and put over the edges of the metal so it wasn't visible around the dash trim.

Leave a comment:

• Nathan in MI
    replied
    No--mine's a Pioneer, though it looks somewhat similar to that.

Leave a comment:

• 1987cp
    replied
    Originally posted by 87_crown_vic View Post
    i will get pictures of how i installed Donnas stereo. i will take a pic of the brackets and how it all went together. this is how hers turned out. figured i would show hers and a pic of mine since i do the installs.
    Looks nice, cosmetics don't even clash with the interior that badly. Is that the same head unit as Nate's?

Leave a comment:

• gadget73
    replied
    Use a stereo install kit, it comes with a plastic trim ring thing that screws into where the factory brackets go, and the sleeve slides into that. Bend the tabs on the sleeve and you're set. Install kit is like $10.

Leave a comment:

• 87_crown_vic
    replied
    Last edited by 87_crown_vic; 01-30-2008, 10:16 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X