X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brown_Muscle
    replied
    Originally posted by crown vic muscle View Post
    this company makes some new radios designed to look like the original ones. some have cd changers and other goodies attached.

http://www.vintagecarradio.com/radios.html

Hey those are really neat, not too too expensive either, although about twice as much as an average head unit..

Leave a comment:

• crown vic muscle
    replied
    this company makes some new radios designed to look like the original ones. some have cd changers and other goodies attached.

Vintage Car Radio - Modern radios, stereos and accessories to fit classic cars. Get cd players, bluetooth stereos, consoles and more for vintage autos.

Leave a comment:

• P72Ford
    replied
    Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
    You can hide a new radio in the glove box.
    Thats what I did. But, it eliminates the use of the glovebox for storage. However, I like the hidden radio look, and if you can go without the glovebox, its a good way to go.

Leave a comment:

• Brown_Muscle
    replied
    or if you wanted to get real fancy have it under the dash but hidden and have it fold out/down, or just come forward on a sliding and locking tray

Leave a comment:

• 86VickyLX
    replied
    You can hide a new radio in the glove box.

Leave a comment:

• Brown_Muscle
    replied
    Hmmm, Well do you plan on keeping the original radio in place? If so you can probobly mount it somewhere underneath the dash, Maybe make a custom wooden box for it, I cut into my panel and made a neat cherry wood trim for it. However if you dont want to cut into anything, which is completely understandable, I would go with mounting it underneath, If you do it right it would look good.

Edit: Also they sell plastic adapter pieces that you can fit a newer radio in and simply take out your old trim piece, If you wanted to go that route, I know they have them on ebay

Leave a comment:

• Pesty351
    started a topic Replacment Radio

Replacment Radio

How would I go about replacing the radio with out cutting my dash to fit one?
    Attached Files
Working...
X