Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gadget73
    replied
    I hate my Kenwood. 3 years old and it wont play past about 2/3 of the cd. the interface also sucks. Need to plot my next radio purchase. Its a shame everything modern looks horribly out of place in the factory dash. I'm almost tempted to retrofit a later model radio, or rebuild a stock radio with the JBL system. I hate working on modern electronics though, circuit boards are a pain in the ass to overhaul. I was told something like 200 capacitors on the stock radio board to fully rebuild one. Not really interested in all that BS. That sounds awful high to me, but I've never had one opened either.

Jensen used to make incredible speakers. They were the bee's knees back in the 50s and 60s. I've had a Jensen cd player on our boat for probably 8 years now, works great.

Leave a comment:

• Brandon
    replied
    Welp, I just got the subs today at a flea market. There 2 12's, and there Sony Explodes. There in preety good shape. I will post some pics when I get it all hooked up. I think they'll do some nice thumping. I hope anyways.

Leave a comment:

• 86GmLsCoupe
    replied
    eBay's not bad in general, I've had good luck with all my purchases. Jensen I'm not all to familiar with though so I'm not to sure the quality, I know our boat has a Jensen receiver that always worked well. You might want to look into Crutchfield's website, just for info on what to look for in a head unit, like RMS vs. peak power, sensitivity, inputs, outputs, and so on. My family has always purchased Pioneer head units and never had a problem. I put one Sony Xplod unit into my mom's Park Ave and the Radio won't always work, though the car's got some electrical gremlins. I think both Pioneer and perhaps even Blaupunkt would be some brands to look into. Great places to shop are eBay, Amazon, Overstock, in store clearance or open box, even in the For Sale section here.

Leave a comment:

• Brandon
    replied
    Well, I didn't buy the radio off of Ebay. I don't usually trust buying electronics from there, so I bought a kenwood brand new from a store. So now I am trying to find some subs to put in my trunk where the spare tire goes.

Leave a comment:

• Brandon
    started a topic Is this a good radio to buy?

Is this a good radio to buy?

Hi. I am looking to put some subs into my car. I have already bought the 1,000 watt amp. I am not all that familar with radios. So I found this one on Ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...086683732&rd=1
    I'm thinking about buying it, but not sure how it'll hold up to some 11 or 12 inch subs. Any info will be apreciated
Working...
X