New Buffer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Buffer

Well, I finnally broke down and bought me a buffer to buff out my cars when I need to... I HAD a nice Craftsman... but my Dad had it, and who knows where it went.... And now that he has passed away.... I'll never know where it went! So I bought a nice one, with a variable speed adjustment on it... And then put one of the really nice double sided lambswool buffing pads on it... (About 10") I will be buffing out the car this coming weekend... when I'm off.... It has a lot of little scratches on it from past hurricanes.... So i hope it will clean it up good enough for now... Eventually it will get repainted... sometime this winter probably....

Agent Caitlin Todd… You know Tony, Statistics show that married men live longer…
    Agent Tony DiNozzo… It only seems longer….

http://www.tomspolicecars.com/

Which car? The 91? The 84 has fresh paint doesn't it?
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

The 91... the 84 was painted right after Ivan, and then it was protected from other storms by our Firehouse.... The 91 on the other hand was my daily driver... so I threw some used tires on it.. and used it after the hurricane... (The used tires were because of all the nails etc... that always are EVERYWHERE after a storm...) I also bought a small 12 volt compressor, and a plug kit.... then after all the construction was done in the area... I put my GOOD tires back on!!!

The car got scratched up DURING the storm by debris flying around... (Even tho it was in our old firehouse, the doors were open to keep them from ripping loose... and becoming projectiles...) It got scratched up, and some sort of chemical or something got sprayed on it... it has sort of a haze on the paint... hoping the buffer will be able to buff that out.... Also got scratched down the side when I was responding to calls right after the storm... when there was still alot of debris in the roads....

Tom....

Agent Caitlin Todd… You know Tony, Statistics show that married men live longer…
      Agent Tony DiNozzo… It only seems longer….

http://www.tomspolicecars.com/

Comment

I needs me a buffer as well. Even though it was scratched, its kinda cool to hear the 91 is still used for that kind of work.
        Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

Anyone use the Ryobi buffer the sell at Home Despot?

1991 Crown Victoria LTD, Puff the Magik Dragon

Comment

Working...
          X