My god help me.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My god help me.

I was driving my 03 P71 the other day and I hit a rock or some shit in the road.. and somehow it damaged my wheel well on the right front side... and the (side skirt?) was ripped completely off below my doors... (the long black piece) Ive look all over gay-bay, and google.. even went to the dealership (they said they had it but I think they had the wrong part in mind) and couldent find a damn thing anywhere.. somebody send me in the right direction please.

Thank you

The junkyard is your friend. Go to your local one, and have fun shopping. The "self pick" are way more fun. Plus, keep in mind, the larger the yard, the more you have to choose from.
    Last edited by Enigma; 12-29-2006, 07:05 AM.
    1987 Country Squire LX Wagon 5.0L: Daily Ride......1964 Lincoln Continental 430ci: Toy #1.
    1984 F-250 4x4 4.9L: Toy #2.............................1968 Volkswagen Bug 2.0L: Toy #3.
    1989 F-250 4x4 5.8L: Emergency backup and work truck...

Comment

Uh the black plastic thing that is underneath the doors? If so I have one from when My dad Marquis got hit. It's in New Hampshire at our campground. Shipping would probably be expensive but if you really want it I could go get it.
      Resident diesel addict

Comment

Type in rocker panel for your search on ebay. That should get what you are looking for. Probably easier to go to a junkyard though.

Oh don't fuck this one over like you did to your old 2000. I have seen your vids.LOL
        2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

dont worry.. this is my babe... i treat it way better now.. ya a burnout every once in awhile wont hurt... but ya...

Also... i have seen oil leaks from under the car.. one looking like its from the gasket in the oil pan... Is it a normal thing that it might need to be tightened? and also.. oil is coming from the area where the bellhousing runs next to the engine oilpan.. there is a thin metal sheet that is kinda loose looking... pops said it could be the rear main seal.. i hope to christ it isnt

Comment

From the rear I would suspect it is the rear main seal. I wonder why you have having gasket issues with a 3 year old car. Hmmmmmmmm
            2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

same thing im wondering.... maybe they just need to be tightened... also.. how hard is the rear main seal to replace on this car?

Comment

Most cars are a pain, trans needs to come out or at least move back, flexplate has to come off, and then you can swap the seal.
                86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

hmm.. well jeese... should I just take this thing to a shop and have all this stuff done? Also.. the engine knocking... I don't think it's normal after listening to it..

Comment

Time to crash this one into a wall and look for another new one.

Comment

Serious? Well I have a warranty on the engine and trans.. no im just gonna use that..

Comment

Keep us posted. BTW, the lower rocker molding is the same from '98 and up.
                        '03 300b MM (My pride and joy until 8/9/13 @129k)

Comment

use the warrenty til it's gone

2005 Legacy GT *13.5 @ 96MPH*
                          2003 Mercury Marauder *Totaled*

Comment

It's the Safeway warranty.. im covered up to 176,000 miles.

Comment

If that motor is leaking oil and knocking, it must have been badly abused. No reason it should be doing that at only 3 years old. Just make sure the oil level is full and go use that warranty.
                              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
                              X