Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are the front doors on the 79-91 Ford Crown Vic and Mercury Marq the same ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are the front doors on the 79-91 Ford Crown Vic and Mercury Marq the same ?

Front doors on the 79-91 Ford Crown Vic and Mercury Marquis the same? For example, an 86 Mercury or Ford Crown Vic door can be used on a 91 Crown Vic? Thanks. Anyone here mix and match doors of other years? Thanks.

Front doors on 4-doors and wagons are the same except for the trim mounting studs on the door skins for the belt moldings. Other differences are the mirror hardware/mounts and vent windows or not. This changes up the window and mirror mounting hardware. Hinges did change over the time, but the geometry did not, so they're all bolt-on.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

I want to say there was something different about the frame on the rear wagon windows being different but I certainly could be wrong. But then again you only asked about the front doors.
      Last edited by jaywish; 01-01-2023, 10:39 PM.
      03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
      02 SL500 Silver Arrow
      08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
      12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

Originally posted by jaywish View Post
        I want to say there was something different about the frame on the rear wagon windows being different but I certainly could be wrong. But then again you only asked about the front doors.
        I think your right about that. If you are referring to the rear doors on the station wagons; I read that the rear wagon doors are different from the sedan rear doors.

Comment

Yes, rear doors are different on wagons and Lincolns.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

Lincoln front doors are different too. Really all of the sheet metal on a Lincoln is specific. I think the hinges and latches are the same but thats about it.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Right. Lincoln was still kinda doing it's own thing in the 80s.

Comment

Working...
              X