No announcement yet.

17" Rims Year Round

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks good. I like the idea of ceramic coating to help prevent brake dust from sticking. That said, I also know of some good wheel cleaners that dissolve brake dust off wheels... so there's that option too. Definitely like the gunmetal/polished lip look. Looks like it's textured enough to give the option of powder coating or painting the gunmetal area if you want to change the color in the future too.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post
      Looks good. I like the idea of ceramic coating to help prevent brake dust from sticking. That said, I also know of some good wheel cleaners that dissolve brake dust off wheels... so there's that option too. Definitely like the gunmetal/polished lip look. Looks like it's textured enough to give the option of powder coating or painting the gunmetal area if you want to change the color in the future too.
      Do tell on the wheel cleaners - most of the ones I have used have sucked!
      What I Own: 1993 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
      What I Help Maintain: 1996 CV / 1988 CV / 1988 Tempo

Comment

The ones that turn brake dust purple. Just leave on for 10 minutes (or something like that) and hose off.

I think ThatDudeInBlue on Youtube has the best deal on a product of the sort as you get the most stuff from him from what I've seen.
        https://pattersoncarcare.com/
        https://pattersoncarcare.com/product...-cleaner-16-oz $14.65 for 16 oz spray bottle.

I know there's many other products out there that do the same thing.

I don't have anything nice enough to care though so YMMV. I'm talking from what I've seen on Youtube demostrations.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

The ones that turn brake dust purple. Just leave on for 10 minutes (or something like that) and hose off.

I think ThatDudeInBlue on Youtube has the best deal on a product of the sort as you get the most stuff from him from what I've seen.
          https://pattersoncarcare.com/
          https://pattersoncarcare.com/product...-cleaner-16-oz $14.65 for 16 oz spray bottle.

I know there's many other products out there that do the same thing.

I don't have anything nice enough to care though so YMMV. I'm talking from what I've seen on Youtube demostrations.
          Just ordered a couple of bottles. Will give it a shot as soon as I can and thanks for the lead!

Comment

I should order the tar remover (bug delete) since my expedition gets pooped on by an evergreen across the alley. But, between my lazy and the local car washes, I've not done it.

Comment

What size tires are you running? 7" is fine for stock sizes, but if you're running something wider id go with 8"
              -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

I will be going with 7".

Comment

I would welcome some recommendations for colouring when I get the wheels in hand and decide to go get them powder coated.

So far I was thinking of:
                  - a muted gold colour
                  - a muted bronze colour
                  - a muted coppertone colour
                  - iridescent ()

What do you all think would look the least gaudy?

Comment

Depends upon the color of the car and your taste. To me, anything other than silver/chrome or maybe black is "gaudy".

Comment

You could also match whatever the body color is.
                      1987 Lincoln Town Car - Signature, "Prudence"

Comment

Well the body is black, and I have silver/chrome trim all over the place.

So a silvery-black composite, maybe?

Comment

Black spokes and polished lip for the win then.

Comment

Black spokes and polished lip for the win then.
                            I do wonder how that would look...

Comment

Working...
                            X