• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr. Land Yacht View Post
    both
    and either way, it needs to be tight!
    +1 lol

Maybe you could go a tint or two darker than what you have right now...
    1984 Ford Crown Vic LTD, The Murphmobile (RIP)
    1985 Ford Crown Vic LTD, The Murph Deuce (SOLD)
    1978 Chevrolet Caprice Classic, The Crapiece (current project)

Comment

window tint u mean?

its 5%!
      sigpic
      1989 Ford Crown Victoria

Comment

No, I meant for the vinyl top!

You could prolly go a tint darker on it and it'd look pretty sweet...

Comment

My 2cents: Keep the Half-Top Coach Roof like it is,and just have it redone in Black Vinyl.Even if you aren't gonna paint the car,Black on Beige is a Good Contrast.

Comment

i personally like the one you have now, or another 1/2 top in black, if you get another what do you want for the chrome strip that goes across the top?
            i personally want me vic black-gloss w/ a white top,
            or if i get the interior like i want get it in well, WHITE...hit me with a price fer the chrome tho..
            sigpic1991 Crown Vic 351w 5.8L

Comment

I decided I'm not gonna take this drastic step.
              when I get the money, I'll just have it redone in the stock color.

the car looks great as is to me...and all I need to do is fix the rust spots and replace that top and it will be showroom condition on the outside.

then, I move on to the interior. Town Car or MGM GS "puffy" seats made into buckets....maybe?
              sigpic
              1989 Ford Crown Victoria

Comment

Man,I'm telling ya,I seriously dread the day when I have to have mine replaced.I've already checked out some places and gotten price quotes,just to see what the damage to my bank account is gonna be like,and let me tell you,it is not gonna be good,lol.

In the meantime,(the time between now and when the top finally cracks)I've been thinking about trying to learn the process of completely re-doing one myself,as I could save around $500-600 in labor costs.I actually saw a tv show the other day,which showed about 4-5 shop guys installing a Full Carriage Vinyl Top on a Cadillac Hearse,I actually learned a few of the steps from just watching that.Seems like it would take at least 2-3 people to install one without hassle.I'll post any info I find here.

Comment

I'd still like to see the vinyl in the same color as your two tone...

Comment

I thought about that....Bobert had suggested it...but I dont think it would look all that mean...
                    and I love the way the car looks now, why change it?

LTDMan83, $500-600 is way too high mang...I got quoted $450.
                    my uncle is going to call around and see if we can get a price lower than that...
                    sigpic
                    1989 Ford Crown Victoria

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Land Yacht View Post

then, I move on to the interior. Town Car or MGM GS "puffy" seats made into buckets....maybe?
                      Check into Mark VII Bill Blass seats. They're basically like that already, especially if you can find some cloth ones. The BB I got my motor from had gorgeous tan cloth pillow top buckets. I junked them with the car, if only I'd had some use for them. Also, apparently they were not all that common.
                      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

good idea, thanx mang.
                        sigpic
                        1989 Ford Crown Victoria

Comment

Yea,I agree $5-600 is far too much,but that was from the true professional shop with a good local rep.The butchers down the road quoted me $350 total including materials,but I know what to expect from them,and lets just say you get what you pay for.

I have some time before this top cracks,so I'm gonna be learning the process in the meantime,and by the time it actually happens,I'll be equipped with the knowledge to actually be able to pull it off.There's no reason whatsoever that I couldn't do just as good of a job on it as they could.

Comment

Working...
                          X