Rusted body mount.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rusted body mount.

Is it safe to drive with a rotted out body mount? I just discovered this is the clunking I've been hearing lately....bushing are still bolted in place but they move freely with the cab now..
    '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
    '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Should be, which one of them is rotted out? I've heard Gadget complain before about his Towncar, and how the entire front end of the body will move side to side on the frame about 1-2 inches, because of the front mounts being rotted out.

I doubt it would be dangerous to you, causing you to wreck or anything, but it couldn't be good for the car. If it is just the Front Mounts, the ones under the core support, then it wouldn't be that hard to do.

Comment

See if you can get a block of rubber or something to jam in there to stop the noise. Its not a huge deal, but the banging will be annoying, and might cause the doors and stuff to start getting tweaked out of position.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I'm missing a few on the wagon.....been OK so far
        Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Working...
        X