No announcement yet.

Rims

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also, if I heard right, the brake lines are ran a little different, length or something of the matter....Have to try and find that thread again....

Been wanting to do a rear disc swap as well, but the funds are running low again....

-Wes
    sigpic1991 Crown Vic 351w 5.8L

Comment

Originally posted by 88Vic View Post
      You can just switch the brakes themselves, just take them off the axle and put the disc brake parts on. From what i've heard the swap isn't too difficult just have to reattach the brake lines and e-brake cable. Ask Scott all about it, he's done it a time or two. I'd like to switch my drums out for discs. If I can find a cheap solution for my truck i'll take it.
      oh ok. Does anybody know the ballpark figure for the brake upgrade, without labor cost?
      1986 Ford Crown Victoria Ltd

Comment

Depends where you source your parts. If you're buying all new, it gets real expensive real fast. If you're getting most of it from the junkyard, and you're able to use some of the junkyard parts, its somewhat cheaper. I did mine for probably 600 bucks or so, but that involved some parts for free, some real cheap, a used hub bearing, etc.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
        X