Wheels! How to know if they fit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wheels! How to know if they fit

I have an '07 GM but it's a GS model and I don't want the stock steel wheels with hubcaps anymore. I'd like to pick up some aftermarket wheels but I would like to use my current tires on them, so I know at least I will be needing 16" wheels. Besides that, how can I know if my tires will fit a particular wheel?

I don't know what the bolt patterns are either...on my old beat up GM I just took the hubcaps off and it looked better cause it was a black car anyway but I wanna make the 07 look nice!

any info would be appreciated, thanks guys

5X4.5 bolt pattern.
    Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

Pre-'03 Panthers used wheels with a "zero" offset. Our wheel specs sticky has a little calculator for finding backspacing from offset and vice versa. For a stock 16x7 wheel on a '98-'02 car, zero offset would be 4" backspacing ((width/2)+0.5).

Starting in '03, the suspension was redesigned and wheels with more backspacing were fitted, so zero offset is not what you want unless you want the wheels to stick out a bit. One approach to be absolutely sure of your current wheel specs would be to just measure the backspacing on your current wheels: lay a wheel on its outside edge, place a straightedge across the inner edge of the rim (you may need to deflate the tire to do this), and measure from there to the wheel center (where it meets the hub). That will be your backspace for your stock wheels, which in all likelihood are 7" wide, so you can then calculate the offset as well if you wish. Then go shopping!
      2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

www.wheelstudio.com you just put in your Year Make, & Model, and the size you want.And they have a huge selection and cheap too

I'm getting a Set of Helo Tease 20's for my 94 Merc (Babyblue) from them
        sigpic[LIST][*]99 Crown Vic Police Interceptor aka The Cruiser
        [*]87 Chevy 20 Van 350TBI
        [*]94 Mercury Grand Marquis aka Babyblue RIP
        [*]83 Chrysler New Yorker 5th Ave 318 V8

Comment

Working...
        X