Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DANARCHY View Post
    its all in the prep of course
    That's just the thing ... the junk I used a while back looked good and held up well despite next to no prep. I rather like that in a rattlecan paint, and it's getting dang hard to find ....
    2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Here's what I did today on Mo... Griot's Garage rubber cleaner using the tire brush. Cleaned them up nice as new. Coated them with their Rubber/Vinyl protectant. Dark, slightly shiny finish.

Comment

peanut oil...and it lasts at least 6 months...sounds wierd but im dead serious

Comment

Originally posted by mrltd View Post
          Krylon Fusion....

I did clean mine with scotch brite pad and wiped it with acetone, then painted it. Came out great.
          I did this same thing on mine yesterday (front and rear bumper, and on my "new" tag bracket), and it looks fabulous. We shall see how it holds up.
          **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
          **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
          **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
          **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Originally posted by Bigskizzy View Post
            peanut oil...and it lasts at least 6 months...sounds wierd but im dead serious
            Originally posted by P72Ford View Post
            I did this same thing on mine yesterday (front and rear bumper, and on my "new" tag bracket), and it looks fabulous. We shall see how it holds up.

Pics please!

Comment

Just used some of this stuff, and it's pretty ferocious:

http://www.blackmagicshine.com/produ...m-tire-wet-gel

Comment

Pictures of what? The fact that it is all black-"er" now?
                **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Originally posted by P72Ford View Post
                  Pictures of what? The fact that it is all black-"er" now?
                  No you knucklehead ... pictures of your old rusty exhaust manifolds, what else?

Comment

Originally posted by torquelover View Post
                    Just used some of this stuff, and it's pretty ferocious:

http://www.blackmagicshine.com/produ...m-tire-wet-gel
                    Nice! Now the car will skate all over the road no matter what the weather!

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
                      No you knucklehead ... pictures of your old rusty exhaust manifolds, what else?
                      Ok, but I'll have to dig up my original exhaust manifolds/ front pipes. I stashed them somewhere at my Dad's shop...

I thought you'd rather have pics of the painted bumper strips, but without a before/ after comparo they wouldn't be much good anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
                        Nice! Now the car will skate all over the road no matter what the weather!

Uh, DO NOT apply to any part of the tire that normally touches the pavement. Unless you like what you read above

Comment

Working...
                        X