Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do i remove the rear window lower molding?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do i remove the rear window lower molding?

so

I want to know if there is a trick, cuz it seems those tabs break easily.

Any tricks or suggestions?

~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

they break very easily, there ment to sorta slide off, but the plastic generally gets VERY brittle...if i may make a suggestion, if you could find brand new tabs i would remove all your old ones and reattach it with the new ones... oh and if you find new ones let me know where. It's possible a body shop would have them.
    -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

Push down on the clip and gently slide the clips off. If they don't slide off, try a different direction. There's no set position for those little clips. They are plastic if I'm not mistaken.

Comment

they break easy......cause they are so old.......i gotta get some at the yard for toms car

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
        2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
        1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
        1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
        2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
        1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

so they slide off. i was under the impression they pop up or something.
          ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

yea they slide off......want me to harvest u some mang? do you need the chrome rear window trim?

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
            1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

Comment

Originally posted by lincolnmania View Post
              yea they slide off......want me to harvest u some mang? do you need the chrome rear window trim?
              I got rear chrome trim, at my last junk yard visit when i got my door. My dad took it off so i was not sure how they came off. And i am pressed for the mulah at the moment....but since these little clips can be counted as "pocket finds" yea grab a set for me, and if i need them i will let you know, if thats alright?
              ~David~

Comment

anything u need mang......should i have lumpy send you the decent hood ornament?

Comment

Originally posted by lincolnmania View Post
                  anything u need mang......should i have lumpy send you the decent hood ornament?
                  as a matter of fact if my laptop does not come back before you harvest those clips, through a couple of clips in there for me and you do not have to send the hood ornament. I know Dean is a whore for emblems and ornaments and would not approve of that. And mine will do, for now.
                  ~David~

Comment

Working...
                  X