Vicky's Road To Paint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vicky's Road To Paint

Hi guys, I thought I should start a thread for Vicky's new chapter. A couple of weeks ago, I started a body shop class, basically, to work on my own car, and learn some body stuff in the process. The class is every tuesday, since the 15th of this month, though last tuesday there was no class due to an open house at the school. So far, I've removed all of the bottom trim, and before you guys say anything, it's going back on! I found that the doors look like they will be able to be reused (thank god, I don't feel like aligning doors), so I will be working on the doors sometime in the near future. I also, stripped the hood down to bare metal, to get rid of the cracking paint under the primer. That's about as much as I have done so far. I plan on repairing the damage to the roof next. That's from my dad's aluminum ladder sitting on it when Vicky was a lawn ornament so many years ago. I'm very excited to get some work done on Vicky! I know it will be going slowly, since I only have 3 hours every Tuesday, but regardless, eventually, there will be progress. I will post some pictures later on.

you might want to pick up some paint for that. Oh wait, its in the trunk of my car that the registration expired on....
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

^^ haha... wait john so your hood is just bare metal now?! arn't you afraid of RUSTTT?

good to hear the progress I'll havta see this!
      -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
        you might want to pick up some paint for that. Oh wait, its in the trunk of my car that the registration expired on....
        I know, if it's good for you, I can probably come get it this weekend?
        Originally posted by Brown_Muscle View Post
        ^^ haha... wait john so your hood is just bare metal now?! arn't you afraid of RUSTTT?

good to hear the progress I'll havta see this!
        No, it's in half primer, and half primer with shitty paint under it. Though, the bare metal was a sexy look, and I was thinking of leaving it like that.

Comment

Slicktop.
          1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
          Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

No Tom, I plan on having the vinyl top replaced some time in the future as well! I like the vinyl top. With all of your slicktop converts, vinyl tops will be rare. And as a wise man once said, "Slicktops are for silly base models." :p

Comment

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
              No Tom, I plan on having the vinyl top replaced some time in the future as well! I like the vinyl top. With all of your slicktop converts, vinyl tops will be rare. And as a wise man once said, "Slicktops are for silly base models." :p
              VINYL FTW!!!!! im getting mine replaced too, hate to say it, im not the biggest fan of slciktops (unless the car is black and a two door)
              Parts Car (Scrapped ) - Vicky - 1987 LTD Crown Victoria: 17x8 Gunmetal Gray Coys C-5 wheels, 235/55-17 Falken Ziex ZE-502 tires. 79 LTD Grille, Taillights, and Turn Signals, Blue LED Dash Lights, PI Rear Sway Bar, 140 MPH Speedometer, Dual Exhaust w/ Mustang Headers.
              New Project: Vicky II - 1981 Ford LTD: 61,XXX miles, virtually rust free. Currently For Sale

Comment

Thought I'd give you guys an update. I stripped the front half of the roof of paint and rust. Found some rust that's working its way through the windshield. So to properly take care of it, I'll need to pull the windshield to fix it. On top of that, the windshield is going bad... well, I guess I better start saving up. Next up is filling in the dents and making the roof nice and even where they attached the two halves at the A pillar. I'll keep you guys informed. Sorry, still no pics.

Comment

And so it has begun. Good for you mang!

Packman

Comment

Well, I thought I'd give you guys an update. The hood is basically done, ready for paint. My next big deal is the roof. Which is one of the worst parts on the car. Not so much rust, but dents and dings. It's almost done as well. In other news, I found a fucking trunk lid!!! Weeeeeeee!!!! It has some surface rust, and some dents, but, the trunk is straight, and is not rotted. Which is very sexy. The trunk is metallic brown, and to anyone who has seen brown muscle at sf09, it is the very same brown on that car. I am also in the market for the chrome license plate bucket from a '79 LTD. I think it was another one of those one year only things. I made a WTB thread in the appropriate section if anyone has one they'd like to sell.

Comment

So you finally wen through with our plan of swiping Phil's trunk lid. lol
                      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

THATS WHERE MY TRUNK LID WENT!!!!!!!!! RAWR

haha jk, great work John! Progress is always good!
                        -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

Originally posted by Brown_Muscle View Post
                          THATS WHERE MY TRUNK LID WENT!!!!!!!!! RAWR
                          aww snap he found out! RUNNNnnnnn
                          ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                          My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                          My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                          But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                          my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Don't worry, I can outrun him!

Comment

Well, here's another update! I'm lazy, I keep pushing off taking pictures, so whenever I am up to it, I'll get out the shitty camera, and take some shitty pictures... LOL Anyway... The roof is practically done! All dents are filled, and the remaining one has a nice blob of body filler over it that will be sanded down next week, and the roof will get it's last coat of primer! Next project isn't determined yet, possibly the trunk, doors, header panel or fenders, not sure yet, since they all need work. I guess whatever is more of an eyesore to me. The trunk, really isn't so bad looking on the white car. Actually looks like an old cop car.

Comment

Working...
                              X