shaved antenna pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

shaved antenna pics

well it took me allot longer than it should, but i'm very happy with the results of my first "bodywork" job. I put a plate under the hole, then put a circle plate in the recess and smoothed it over with bondo... primed and sanded a million times, same with paint. you can't tell there was ever an antenna there... smile.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Finally have an on the books porting/custom fab business!
    HO bottom end,GT40Ps,cut/welded/ported upper+lower GT40 intakes,Comp XE258 cam,MS3X megasquirt computer,8 LS2 coils,2 dry systems + a 3rd wet,3 core rad w fans..1100hp Lentech WR AOD,custom 4" aluminum/moly Dshaft,custom rear/back half chassis adjustable 4link,wilwood 4 piston,moser 9" axles,locker, M/T 30x12's,4 staged fuel pumps,100lbs sound insulation,power/remote everything,2000W sound.4480lbs. 4.5s 0-60,12.8 1/4

What did you paint it with?

Comment

Wow, not bad. You gotta love white.

Comment

:jawdrop: Great job. Like you said It has vanished!
        ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
        My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
        My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
        But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
        my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

damn. I was not expecting results that good.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
          160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
          waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

So are you going to re-locate the antenna or just go without?
            '79 Continental Town Car
            '90 Crown Victoria LTD
            '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

haha i wasn't expecting those results either haha. When it comes to things i work on or build... I am a perfectionist and i will keep redoing it and working until it is perfect. thats why it took me probably 3 tries and at least 15 hours over 2 weeks haha. I actually painted it with dupli-colour spraycan, and used lots of water and 2000 grit paper.

ahha yes I would like more than 2 stations when i'm not listening to my i-pod, whats the best "hidden" type of antenna you could suggest? If i could run a wire up allong my A-arm inside and have it peak out from the trim around the windshield that would be nice.
              HO bottom end,GT40Ps,cut/welded/ported upper+lower GT40 intakes,Comp XE258 cam,MS3X megasquirt computer,8 LS2 coils,2 dry systems + a 3rd wet,3 core rad w fans..1100hp Lentech WR AOD,custom 4" aluminum/moly Dshaft,custom rear/back half chassis adjustable 4link,wilwood 4 piston,moser 9" axles,locker, M/T 30x12's,4 staged fuel pumps,100lbs sound insulation,power/remote everything,2000W sound.4480lbs. 4.5s 0-60,12.8 1/4

Comment

Here's one I came across, not sure how good it is. On Sale: $38.94 Each
                Reg. Price: $40.99

Last edited by The Famous Lee; 10-04-2009, 11:06 PM.
                sigpic[LIST][*]99 Crown Vic Police Interceptor aka The Cruiser
                [*]87 Chevy 20 Van 350TBI
                [*]94 Mercury Grand Marquis aka Babyblue RIP
                [*]83 Chrysler New Yorker 5th Ave 318 V8

Comment

damn....duplicolor matched it that good...great job!
                  -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

Looks pretty amazing!!!
                    2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

WOW...Fucking Awesome....What color is that, Oxford White?

Comment

haha yeh its oxford white, i was also quite impressed by how it matched. Its not super exact, but blending it over a large area makes it look bang on.

For now while i'm in school i'm limited to mods that don't cost allot and take only time... for the most part, so doing these little things are fun but i can't wait until i can do some "big work" on her. thanks for the comments guys.

Comment

That's incredible that you got it to match that well. Congrats, man. That's really impressive.

Comment

That's really good looking! I wish I could get colors to match that well on my car.
                            2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
                            2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
                            2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
                            1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Your car = HOT, nice low miles too, mines got 42k as of today and also has no rust ( thanks to a summers worth of body work.) there are actually more waves in the factory side of the hood than my bondod and puttied side.
                              "Shakedown"- 1991 Grand Marquis GS Dual exhaust, Magnaflow xl turbos, Rear anti sway bar, Outlaw 1 wheels, 43k miles
                              1985 GMC 1500

Comment

Working...
                              X