Slick top conversion in progress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slick top conversion in progress

I finally got tired of the crusty vinyl top and have jumped headlong into a slick top conversion. Removed all trim and emblems. Peeled the vinyl off (not as easy as it sounds). Unfortunately when peeling the vinyl off it removed about a 4x6 patch of rusted roof under the large trim on the passenger side between the door and side window. Took two days to get the old glue and backing off. Used Goof Off remover, acetone, and DOT 3 brake fluid to cut the glue off. I plan to use body filler for the repairs and filling the trim holes. Since i have the headliner out, im going to get it redone, and will primer all the the patch and bare spots. Dont know when i will get it painted, still would like to do the 4bbl conversion. I am considering having the car repainted more of a gold color.

2011 Grand Marquis LS Ultimate Edition
    Dual Exhaust w/ AP XLerator mufflers and 3 1/2" tips, Eibach 1" rear sway bar, Pioneer Head unit and speakers, 17X8 Drag DR-72 wheels

RIP 1984 2Dr Crown Vic "The Millennium Falcon"
    Carbed 5.0 HO w/nitrous , Performer RPM intake, GT40P heads, E303 cam, FRP Shorties, FRP 9mm plug wires, Off-Road H-pipe, Magnaflow round mufflers, 2000 rpm stall
    NA-15.78@91.21, 80hp shot-14.48@96.21

I was thinking about doing the slicktop on mine, when I was doing the body work, but insted dropped the $425 to get a new roof put on. I love the vinyl, but vics look pretty mean with the slocktops. Hope it works out well, Mar glass works good to fill small holes if there are any under there. Gotta see some pics when its done.
    "Shakedown"- 1991 Grand Marquis GS Dual exhaust, Magnaflow xl turbos, Rear anti sway bar, Outlaw 1 wheels, 43k miles
    1985 GMC 1500

Comment

Working...
    X