Doors...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doors...

I found a Crown Vic at the local junk yard... one of the "Clunker" turn ins, That should have NEVER been done that way... Low milage, with four PERFECT doors... both my front doors has had damage,(Creases in both front doors, fixed, but I hate the fact that they have filler in them) and had rust issues near the bottom, (Thanks to being on Pensacola Beach for about 6 years, salt air, and once driving thru some really high salt water storm surge, trying to get to a fire at Hooters, during hurricane Opal) I fixed the rust at the bottom of the doors, but the rust WILL probably come back one day... Anyway, my doors don't have the electric locks, and these do... is the wiring harness going to the doors already have the set up for the electric locks? Another words, will they be "plug and play"??? Or will I have to get the harness from the car, too? I HOPE the harness already has the setup in it for the electirc door locks... It would probably be a pain to get the harnesses too, if not...

I am going to take all the rubber around the windows out, and the door panels off to paint them, (They are grey, my car of course is white...) Anyway I am going to buy a jamb gun to do the around the edges of the doors, and the window frames, and the door jambs before we install them on my car... Then I will take the car to the body shop to have them "spot" the doors the same color as the rest of the car... I also have some minor touch ups for them to do... I think it will look funny with grey doors on the car... I'll get some "grey and white" pictures when we get them on the car, before it goes to the shop...

Also, to keep from taking them apart again, I will rebuild the eletric window motors, and put four NEW eletric door lock actuators in these doors, before I put them back together.
    I'm also going to get all four door gaskets, as the ones in this car are in good shape... Also the headlight surounds, tailights, grille, and anything else I can find to pull... it has a tilt steering column, which I may also get for my car... I have to get as much as possible off of the car by March 10th, the crush date for the car... I will be extremely busy at the junk yard tommorow!

Oh, and they want 45.00 a door, not bad for perfect doors for my car... and they have the chrome trim at the bottom like my car... and the rub strips on all four doors, in good shape... I may get the bumper fillers, too, if they are in good shape.. mine has a few small bumps and scrapes...

I know, I'm getting picky now... But the car is getting close to being completely done, so I have to be picky to find things to do on the car now!

Agent Caitlin Todd… You know Tony, Statistics show that married men live longer…
    Agent Tony DiNozzo… It only seems longer….

http://www.tomspolicecars.com/

If it isn't plug and play, couldn't you just switch door panels? and whatever manual lock assembly it is. I know thats probably a lot of work.
    "Shakedown"- 1991 Grand Marquis GS Dual exhaust, Magnaflow xl turbos, Rear anti sway bar, Outlaw 1 wheels, 43k miles
    1985 GMC 1500

Comment

the wiring stays with the car no? i always thought the wires get fed out from the door and thats that. and going manula to power windo and visa versa was the same deal. but, if thy are mint, thats a good deal!

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
      1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
      1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
      2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
      2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

What I need to know is just about the wiring harness... the lock controls and all are still on the doors... I just need to know whether I need to "run" the wiring harnesses, which would be a major pain in the arse.... All i have to do is put my door panels on the door, and the new lock / switch panels, that are on these doors, and be good to go, as long as the wiring on my car is already there for the eletric door locks... I have the electric windows already... So the only thing that is different is the electric locks... I just need to know that the wiring is already there on my car...

Sorry Guess I didn't "esplain" it very well....

Agent Caitlin Todd… You know Tony, Statistics show that married men live longer…

Comment

oh, got ya lol

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
          1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
          1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
          2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
          2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

If you pull the kick, and "B" pillar panels, the wiring should be back there. Ford is usually pretty good with pre-wiring their cars for options. Now don't take this as gospel, as yours is a "POLICE" model, and may have a different harness specific to them. But if you do find the connectors, it's just a matter of plugging them in, and installing the appropiate fuse/circuit breaker. With the power locks, I believe there is a "control box" behind the passenger side kick panel. Make sure you grab that, too. I might have missed something, and I'm sure somebody will chime in.
            MIKE

Comment

speaking of doors..........

I just changed the passenger front door on my 86 box vic and I didnt realize it til the next morning that the windows dont match cause I guess 86 had the split windows while the 84s dont. but anyway i swapped my door out and that was a 3 day job and a PITA. but I got it done and it wasnt overall hard but very detail and labor intensive.

Comment

Well, this swap is 91 to 91 doors... Just trying to find out if I can up grade to the electic locks that are on the new doors with out a major operation... Mainly if the wiring for the elctric door locks are already in the wiring harness on my car... I am going to disconnect the plugs and pull them from the doors when I change them out... no cutting and splicing hopefully!

Comment

Working...
                X