DAMN!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DAMN!!!!

I had the Merc on my lift at work last week to track down a fuel leak. Had to replace a section of the return line on the drivers side frame. I checked out the feed line on the drivers side, and saw the frame was rotted through in some spots under the A/C-heater box. I'm taking her to a body shop recommended by our parts supplier. The holes in question are no larger than a half dollar, but you can see the metal around them are thining out. Thankfully, the frame isn't tweaked, and it looks like the bottom, and inside rails only. I hope they can do something, as there is no way I can afford another car right now, and besides, as with any used car, I could be setting myself up for some exspensive repairs that will outrun the repair cost of the Merc.
    MIKE

I think it will work out for you man. And guess what? I finally installed the 3g
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Well, it's about time, Dave!!! It's nice to turn on the rear defroster, and not have the rest of the car try to shut itself down. That, and the headlight relay upgrade, makes for safer driving to work in the morning.

Comment

They all rot in that spot. The A/C compressor drips condensation on the frame right there.

Comment

Got a pic of this?

My cars A/C didn't work when I got it. I charged it, but then ended up taking the belt off shortly afterwards (for winter) and also because my smog pump was getting noisey (when it got real cold).

I'll probably be putting the belt back on this spring/summer and I'd like for my frame to NOT rot from this.
          Former panther owner
          1981 CV 351 4bbl
          1991 CV 302 EFI

Comment

the rot spot is under the passenger side A pillar, right where the frame narrows down under the motor.

If you're in that spot, look straight up to the bottom of the evaporator case. You'll see the drain hole in the bottom of the case, its just a circular notch in the bottom of the plastic case. Take a tube of some sort, seal it into that drain hole, and route it down to the bottom of the firewall so it can't drip on the frame. No more frame rot worries.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Oops, that's what I meant. Evaporator, not compressor.

Comment

Working...
              X