body mount bolts and nut retainers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

body mount bolts and nut retainers

ok started making access holes for body mount bolts and nut retainers and the bolt broke under front floor board and im stuck. has anyone who done the body bolts have any tricks to get a broken bolt out right now im lost and dont want to break the body nut off.
    Attached Files

try heating the nut......if that dont work you will have to cut the nut off and use a bolt and nut on that body mount.....it's possible to weld the new nut to the car also if your careful

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
    2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
    1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
    1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
    2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
    1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

PB Blaster penetrating lubricant, rust eater, or similar. let is soak for a good half hour or so. Good vice grips on the broken bolt and crank. should be lots easier. If not, try heating the nut, but do get anything that will burn away from the area on all sides and clean off as much of the lubricant as possible before applying heat so the flames will be minimal (no larger than 1/4 inch from the bolt).

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Originally posted by gadget73
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.

Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Weld a nut onto the broken stud. That will put heat on the rust, and give you a good gripping surface.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

whats the deal with the front rad support bushing they are a bitch. i did get it off but how do i reuse the metal threded washer type that the bolt goes through do i use it with the new bushing?

Comment

You don't. I have regular bolts and nuts up there along with the shim stacks. That nut/washer/thing doesn't really come out properly. I had to cut those bolts out with the sawzall. Its a pain in the ass.
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

ok gonna do the drivers side next is there any things i should unbolt before i raise the drivers side

Comment

unbolt the shift linkage under the brake booster or it might tweak the brackets at the trans side. Also, be careful of your brake lines down from the master cylinder. One of mine cracked after the body mount swap.

Comment

Working...
                X