Do Passengers side mirrors....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do Passengers side mirrors....

exist without that "Objects in Mirror are closer than they appear" crap? Just kinda curious, Because If I could find one, I would replace it with something along the lines of "Objects in Mirror are losing"

Much more Dignified
    Parts Car (Scrapped ) - Vicky - 1987 LTD Crown Victoria: 17x8 Gunmetal Gray Coys C-5 wheels, 235/55-17 Falken Ziex ZE-502 tires. 79 LTD Grille, Taillights, and Turn Signals, Blue LED Dash Lights, PI Rear Sway Bar, 140 MPH Speedometer, Dual Exhaust w/ Mustang Headers.
    New Project: Vicky II - 1981 Ford LTD: 61,XXX miles, virtually rust free. Currently For Sale

I've seen some with them on here. I think Dave might have that sticker on his mirror?
    sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

Yeah they exist.

I remember needing to replace the RH mirror on an 89' F150 I had, and discovered that mirrors from an 84' ranger fit.....I was really happy about that because it was NOT an "objects are closer" mirror.

I would imagine older box mirrors are the same way.
      Former panther owner
      1981 CV 351 4bbl
      1991 CV 302 EFI

Comment

Originally posted by hemihotrod402 View Post
        exist without that "Objects in Mirror are closer than they appear" crap? Just kinda curious, Because If I could find one, I would replace it with something along the lines of "Objects in Mirror are losing"

Much more Dignified
        Only my drivers side mirror has "objects in mirror" on it, so I know the blank passenger side ones exist.
        "Shakedown"- 1991 Grand Marquis GS Dual exhaust, Magnaflow xl turbos, Rear anti sway bar, Outlaw 1 wheels, 43k miles
        1985 GMC 1500

Comment

I might just have to look in the yard then.

And yes, Dave has those decals.
          Parts Car (Scrapped ) - Vicky - 1987 LTD Crown Victoria: 17x8 Gunmetal Gray Coys C-5 wheels, 235/55-17 Falken Ziex ZE-502 tires. 79 LTD Grille, Taillights, and Turn Signals, Blue LED Dash Lights, PI Rear Sway Bar, 140 MPH Speedometer, Dual Exhaust w/ Mustang Headers.
          New Project: Vicky II - 1981 Ford LTD: 61,XXX miles, virtually rust free. Currently For Sale

Comment

They do that to give you a wider viewing angle. Considering how pathetic our mirrors are, I wonder how much good it does.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Please note: I am an idiot and it is my passenger side that has the label and not the drivers side. My apologies. Couldn't you just put drivers side glass in the passengers side?
              "Shakedown"- 1991 Grand Marquis GS Dual exhaust, Magnaflow xl turbos, Rear anti sway bar, Outlaw 1 wheels, 43k miles
              1985 GMC 1500

Comment

My lincoln's pass side mirror dosent have that. but my merc dose. You would have to find a early 80's mirror. I dont think they had that

1980 Lincoln Continental Mark VI Signature Series
                351 4 bbl, AOD, 3.08 open
                duel exhaust with cherry bombs

Comment

Mine doesn't have that. It doesn't have glass either. or an adjustment mechanism. or a stalk... or mounting holes...

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
                  160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
                  waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

Originally posted by johnunit View Post
                    Mine doesn't have that. It doesn't have glass either. or an adjustment mechanism. or a stalk... or mounting holes...
                    the super stealthy and uber rare invisi-mirror!

Comment

hell yeah. Practically weightless and you can see right through it. It also has the side effect of really helping you keep in the habit of shoulder checks before lane changes.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
                      160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
                      waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

Originally posted by johnunit View Post
                        hell yeah. Practically weightless and you can see right through it. It also has the side effect of really helping you keep in the habit of shoulder checks before lane changes.
                        I got 5 points off my drivers test for not shoulder checking in the sears parking lot when the 2 lanes turn to one, they do so around a corner though, so you can see everything very clearly, and it goes 1 lane to 2 to 1 in the span of like 50 ft. There was nobody there and I knew it because the guy stayed behind me.

On a side note, always shoulder check. I have lost many a car in my giant cars blind spot.
                        1985 GMC 1500

Comment

pppft...SHOULDER CHECK?! you have automatic mirrors for a reason!
                          sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

Okay. Look here:

Top is drivers side and bottom is passengers side. Power mirror's have identical mounting plates so you can easily mount a drivers side mirror in the passengers side mirror bucket.
                            ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                            My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                            My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                            But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                            my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

kind of a stupid question, but has anyone driven a car without the convex mirror before? Does it make much of a difference?

Comment

Working...
                              X