X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

to cut tailpipes

What kind of a saw should one use?
    sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

sawz-all, home depot, rent or buy it!

Comment

Originally posted by 4door View Post
      Yup, used one on my tail pipes.
      "Shakedown"- 1991 Grand Marquis GS Dual exhaust, Magnaflow xl turbos, Rear anti sway bar, Outlaw 1 wheels, 43k miles
      1985 GMC 1500

Comment

Meh.....I took a grinder to mine. One was just a little longer than the other.
        Of course I had the grinder (and cut-off wheel).
        Former panther owner
        1981 CV 351 4bbl
        1991 CV 302 EFI

Comment

Depends what you have in mind. If you just want them gone, sawzalls rock. They tend to not make extremely straight cuts unless you're careful though. If you need to trim them for install and need a good straight cut, a grinder with a cutoff wheel is easier to control, as is a portaband if you have one of those.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by 4door View Post
            bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz CLANG *tailpipe falls on ground*

I had no idea they rented tools. thanks man.
            sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

cut off wheel FTW

1996 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
              1965 Cadillac Hearse by M+M "Edgar"
              1964 Mercury Comet Caliente

Comment

mm 10 dollar bolt on exhaust tips.

i didn't like my tailpipes sticking way out and down, i bought steel turndowns and cut few inches off of the existing pipes and stuck these on there. they're on a bit of an angle - not facing down or straight out to the side but at an angle in between, and most importantly, they're hidden. if you're standing real far back you can see them but if you're closer than 10 feet it just looks like streams of exhaust shooting out of the corners of the car.
                sigpic

Comment

also: if you rent a reciprocating saw (it wasn't technically a sawzall, but it still worked!) and you realize that you didnt cut em short enough before you returned the tool, tin snips work to trim off a bit!
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X