rechroming bumpers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rechroming bumpers

How much does it cost and does anybody have any recommendations?

from what has been going around here, i hear its a shit load. does 1000bucks sound right?

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
    1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
    1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
    2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
    2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

i thought $1000 would be more the price for both the front and rear.

but idk.
      1988 MGM GS - Preferred Equipment Package 172A; InstaClear

1980 Lincoln Continental Coupe
      1994 MGM GS Montigua
      2005 F150 Lariat Scab 4x4 3.73 LS
      2002 Mustang GT Coupe

Comment

ive heard around $300...per bumper
        -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

I just paid over 600 for my front bumper alone and that was about the lowest I could find local. You can probably find it cheaper, but the quality will not be as good. I called 6 or 7 places and most were in the 1000-1500 range per bumper, but you get what you pay for. The one that wanted 1500 per bumper showed me examples and they were absolutely perfect and going to go on garage queens.

Comment

I have the rear bumper to me riviera sitting in the basement. I just got a quote for 585, but I'm sure it will be more because its going to need some working over.

Comment

I would obviously recommend the shop I work at

2022 Trade Show Schedule Barrett Jackson Boca Raton Amelia Island Concours St. John's Pebble Beach Audrain Concours Hershey Barrett Jackson Thursday Ju ...

but, wherever you go, remember that chrome is just like a lot of other car finishes, its ALL about the prep work, a speck of dirt, too deep of a swirl in the metal, the incorrect chemical compisition in any of the plating tanks, and you have a messed up piece. We only do the best, and our quality control is extensive I've sent pieces back to be redone to different rooms in the shop (Metalwork, polishing, plating), and other guys in the shop have sent them back to me, its all about the detail. You DO get whatr you pay for in this industry.

George
              1986 Mercury Grand Marquis "5.0" (160,000)

2011 Ford Crown Victoria "4.6" (54,000)

2015 Jeep Wrangler JK Willys "3.6" (48,000)

Comment

Originally posted by Georges86 View Post
                I would obviously recommend the shop I work at

2022 Trade Show Schedule Barrett Jackson Boca Raton Amelia Island Concours St. John's Pebble Beach Audrain Concours Hershey Barrett Jackson Thursday Ju ...

but, wherever you go, remember that chrome is just like a lot of other car finishes, its ALL about the prep work, a speck of dirt, too deep of a swirl in the metal, the incorrect chemical compisition in any of the plating tanks, and you have a messed up piece. We only do the best, and our quality control is extensive I've sent pieces back to be redone to different rooms in the shop (Metalwork, polishing, plating), and other guys in the shop have sent them back to me, its all about the detail. You DO get whatr you pay for in this industry.

George
                um, george, ive got a lot of parts youre gonna need to do for me. any type of GMN discount? hah
                1988 MGM GS - Preferred Equipment Package 172A; InstaClear

1980 Lincoln Continental Coupe
                1994 MGM GS Montigua
                2005 F150 Lariat Scab 4x4 3.73 LS
                2002 Mustang GT Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by rick99601 View Post
                  um, george, ive got a lot of parts youre gonna need to do for me. any type of GMN discount? hah
                  I dont think I get a discount! lol.

George
                  1986 Mercury Grand Marquis "5.0" (160,000)

2011 Ford Crown Victoria "4.6" (54,000)

2015 Jeep Wrangler JK Willys "3.6" (48,000)

Comment

500 for a full size car's bumper seems to be about the lower end of normal. My quotes were all a little under 1000 per bumper.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
                    160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
                    waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

My friend had both done for his '68 Cutlass, and it was $600, total. And they're damn nice. This was a couple years ago.

I can ask him where he went.

I also always see the Bumper Boyz at Carlisle. Might try them.

Once I find a stripless rear bumper, I'll have it done.
                      **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
                      **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
                      **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                      **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Nate, Theres one on ebay right now, NOS, for $250 shipped...
                        -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

Originally posted by P72Ford View Post
                          My friend had both done for his '68 Cutlass, and it was $600, total. And they're damn nice. This was a couple years ago.

I can ask him where he went.

I also always see the Bumper Boyz at Carlisle. Might try them.

Once I find a stripless rear bumper, I'll have it done.
                          I have only heard BAD things about Bumper Boyz. They keep your core and send a part already chromed in Mexico. Bad quality chrome that flakes off in a short time.

Comment

Originally posted by neums View Post
                            I have only heard BAD things about Bumper Boyz. They keep your core and send a part already chromed in Mexico. Bad quality chrome that flakes off in a short time.
                            Good to know.

I definitely won't try them.

I actually know a guy locally that I could have do it. We are acquaintances, but just from local car shows. Might be able to get it done affordably there; he does very nice work.
                            Last edited by P72Ford; 02-07-2011, 02:56 PM.
                            **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
                            **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
                            **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                            **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Originally posted by Brown_Muscle View Post
                              Nate, Theres one on ebay right now, NOS, for $250 shipped...
                              yeah nate should get on that. If shipping wasnt $90436730763^2 to me I'd have already gotten on that myself.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
                              160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
                              waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

Working...
                              X