Front air dam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pantera77 View Post
    hmm, might think about that for my 87. It has that silly factory one on the rad support, but I actually kind of like how that other one looks.

Reviving this thread from waaaay back! I need one of these factory air dams that are in Pantera's photo for my 84 wagon. It's heating up a smidge on the highway and I think a little more air into the radiator would be helpful, I was going to make one of these but now I see Ford already did.

Would this part be the same one?

http://r.ebay.com/Tk1h6K

if not, does anyone have one I could buy from them? It seems they're not that popular...

I may also cut hole in the fornt bumper but not unless I have to. Last resort will be a 3 core aluminum radiator - right now I have a 2 core aluminum Summit radiator for a mustang.

Of course - it was over 120 where I live a few weeks ago and it's been a hot summer so every little bit helps!

Thanks!
    1984 Mercury Colony Park Wagon - gone to the darkside. 5.3 LS Turbo Swap with 4L80E. 6.62@106 in the 1/8 mile (low 10's in the 1/4), full weight, AC, no compromises! Rocky Mountain Race Week 2020 and Race Week 2.0 2020

Comment

A couple of questions.

Which is better for reducing drag an air dam or a splash guard (A.K.A. skid plate)?

Did any of the aeros have a splash guard that could be adapted to a 91?

mike

Comment

tHE AIR DAM would work best. Not sure what could be adapted to a 91.
        Scars are tatoos of the fearless

Comment

I have adapted an aero underbody splash shield to my 87. Easy to do.
          ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
          My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
          My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
          But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
          my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

PICS OF assembly test pic
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
              I have adapted an aero underbody splash shield to my 87. Easy to do.
              pics? very curious about undercar aero mods.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
              160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
              waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

I thought I responded to this already. Sorry for the delay. For best photos that I happen to have click my signature picture and look for my TFI relocation install. The belly pan was installed the same day/ post it seems.
                ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

I guess I am not at my best today. Where in the short list of modifications is the TFI relocation install?
                  03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
                  02 SL500 Silver Arrow
                  08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
                  12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

Under engine. Number 25.
                    ~David~

Comment

Psttttt what was it off of? The link is broken now :c

Comment

Originally posted by killgore View Post
                        Psttttt what was it off of? The link is broken now :c

iF YOUR ASKING ABOUT THE AIR DAM IT OFF OF A 95ISH cHEVY TRUCK

Comment

Oh okay. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                          X