JC Whitney Door Seals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JC Whitney Door Seals

I think I'm ready to change out all four door seals on my 86. I was thinking of CJ Whitney and using the #9 universal rubber seal. What say you? Or is there another I should consider instead?

Explore JC Whitney for premium auto parts & accessories, dive into car culture, & stay updated with the latest automotive events & tech trends

sigpic

I'd rather be a failure at something I love than a success at something I hate.
    George Burns

I think that is a good choice.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

I am going to have to look close. I did not know that boxes have push on seals.

Jay
      03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
      02 SL500 Silver Arrow
      08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
      12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

All push on. The push on part is hidden by trim pieces all around the door openings.
        ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Yep, I removed the kick plate so I could see how they are mounted, push in. The #9 seems to look the closest. Of course...mine are much flatter than those!

sigpic

George Burns

Comment

Let us know how it goes. Mine are trashed too.

Comment

Originally posted by cheesesteakjim View Post
              let us know how it goes. Mine are trashed too.
              x2
              -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

I think the ordered ones for Fords are oval to begin with (about twice as wide as they are tall). The picture is just a default to show wat the "A" and "B" dimensions refer to.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.

Originally posted by dmccaig
                Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

I'll let you know how it goes. Right now they've been ordered and are on they're way.

sigpic

George Burns

Comment

Just keep in mind that it may be extra difficult to close the door after the "new" weather stripping is applied. When closing the door from the inside be easy on the pull strap. Gradually pull harder and harder to close the door. The pull strap will fly off off if you give it a quick jerk.

A couple week and the stripping should "seat" some to allow the doors to close easier.

Also keep in mind that if you have adjusted the door striker (located in the door jamb opening) you will most likely need to return it to its stock position due to the new thickness of the stripping.
                    ~David~

Comment

Thanks for the door strap tip. My truck was hard to close after replacing the doors seal on it too, but now it's much better. The driver's door strap on the car is already falling apart from age. It needs to be rewrapped or replaced. Any kits out there, or is it a junkyard special?

sigpic

George Burns

Comment

JC whitney. Only vinyl colored though. See below

~David~

Comment

Working...
                        X