X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E and G light

I have a 2004 grand marquis, cloth top.

The side lamps are in a chrome like housing labeled "e and g"

Anyone know a source for changing the lights within?
    The light itself looks rectangular and is made of plastic

1978 Grand Marquis 460 2door "Blue Bomber"

1987 LTD Crown Vic Canadian Tow Package 351w aka the "MI Mountie"

1989 Colony Park ....Marge still lives!

1979 Marquis creamy goodness

Do you by chance have the owner's manual? It may have destructions inside. Failing that, see if you can find what looks like a screwdriver slot along the edge. If it has one, usually you stick a screwdriver into that slot and carefully pry out the lens to get at the bulb.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Do you mean the bulb in the coach /opera lights ?

If the "bulb" itself looks like plastic, its an electrolumenescent strip that runs on high voltage AC from a transformer in the roof pillar and I believe is still a dealer item
      Last edited by bigbeigeboat; 02-29-2012, 07:11 PM.
      You know the car runs well when the only things left to work on are the rear door cigarette lighters.

Comment

@ bigbeigeboat

You got it!
        Thanks man

Comment

Is it dim or not coming on at all?
          unless its is obviously damaged there is really nothing to go wrong with them. They have a half-life of about 7000 hours then they start dimming.
          If its not coming on at all I'd look for a wiring problem. There should be between 50-90 VAC and almost no amps coming from the transformer.
          You know the car runs well when the only things left to work on are the rear door cigarette lighters.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbeigeboat View Post
            Is it dim or not coming on at all?
            unless its is obviously damaged there is really nothing to go wrong with them. They have a half-life of about 7000 hours then they start dimming.
            If its not coming on at all I'd look for a wiring problem. There should be between 50-90 VAC and almost no amps coming from the transformer.
            There still good to go...was wondering if one could replace it with a different color light

Comment

yes you can, but (and its a big but)

you have to buy a cut-to-fit panels and cut it to shape maintaining the tabs on one end. you can also get 1" x1' strips.
              you will be replacing the ford transformer with an inverter/driver thats matched to the new panel and your doing your own wiring with high voltage

you'd need two these kits to rewire boths sides

it lends itself well to custom work
              The LumaMedia Police car outside at dusk, showing off how effective the LumaMedia panels are for safety. Also with the LumaMedia light kit they can now turn ...

Come see how to make your own EL panels. Make Lighted Signs, Flashing Patterns & Much more. There are Thousands of designs you can do with this.Our Panel has...

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

car wrap using electroluminescent technology

hook your opera lights up to the stereo preamp out
              Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

I'm going to be putting a strip of red EL tape in the top or the rear window tied into a brake line pressure switch as a 3rd brake light in the town car.
              Last edited by bigbeigeboat; 03-01-2012, 08:21 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the detailed info....my fabrication skills are nill, but I might try my hand on this

Comment

or go here and paint the strip a diffferent color?

Comment

Working...
                  X