Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

wagon spare tire well filled with water?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wagon spare tire well filled with water?

Hey!

I was surprised a bit today when I noticed a puddle by the RR of my 1990 wagon, take a closer look, and it's running in a fine stream from the spare tire well.
    It's clean and pure looking, hoping to god there's no rust created yet.

I had the car professionally undercoated this winter, the same stuff they use for the toyota tundra recalls (severe frame rust issues on them).
    I suspect it sealed something up.

a) how does the water get IN in the first place? It's never been a flood car, sitting in water that went up to the well!

b) is the fix to take a drill bit and drill, and widen the existing hole or punch new ones so that no water is trapped inside?

My door panels are also still rust free, for now, even at the bottom seam.
    Any other measures I should take now? e.g., drilling holes in the bottom of my door panels too?

thanks!
    -Bernard

clean the existing hole out. Its probably clogged with crap. I'd also be looking around that big side glass. Betcha you have a leak in the glass to body seal.

The doors have drains in them already, but you should make sure they are clean so they drain properly. The ones in my Lincoln were so clogged when I got it that the first time I shut the door in the rain, I heard the door slosh.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Check the foam seal on the back side of the tailite. I had one of mine leak.
      sigpic
      79 Bronco XLT 129000kms
      88 LTD Crown Victoria wagon LX 223000kms
      03 Expedition XLT 256000kms
      06 Escape XLT 188000kms
      09 Focus SE 132000kms
      13Escape SEL 63000kms

Comment

Working...
      X