PlastiDip paint jobs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PlastiDip paint jobs

So I been considering painting the mark with PlastiDip just to experiment with it. Anyone have any experience using it? Pros or cons?

check out youtube. lots of videos on it. I personally don't like it but I have never used it.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

I've watched a bunch of video's on it. Seems like a pretty good product when applied correctly. I had a buddy do a set of rims with it they turned ok since he didn't prep them at all. If I do end up using it it with a real spray gun as most the ones I've seen rattle canned look pretty bad.

Comment

PlastiDip is great stuff, but I certainly wouldn't do a car in it.
        2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
        2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
        2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
        1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

I've heard of wheels done in it. If you don't like them you can just peel the PlastiDip off and go back to the original finish. Seems like an entire car would be a bad idea... not only would it look like shit but I would think you'd have to be real careful about not closing up any of the panel gaps.

Comment

I'll try and post up a link next time I'm on my laptop can't do it from the mobile. From what I've seen there are quite a few high end cars being painted with it. But I've never used it so I do value any input.

Comment

John deer tractor paint is a better idea.
              89 townie, mild exhuast up grades, soon to have loud ass stereo....

Comment

I used it to coat the tops of the jackstands when I attempted to rebuild the rear diff. That way I wouldn't scratch or otherwise peel off the fragile POR15.

Packman

Comment

wow, that looks pretty good actually. he did a really thorough job on that thing.

Comment

Thanks monterey1962 for the link. I figured it would be good to protect the factory paint just incase I have use it sometime this winter as the salt and chemicals they use around here aren't very friendly.

Comment

Working...
                    X