Side-view mirror disassembly?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Side-view mirror disassembly?

I really want to give the trim rings on my side-view mirrors. How do I go about taking apart the mirrors to access the ring? Used the search bar, and couldn't find anything on it. It's a '90 CV. Thanks!
    1971 Mustang Coupe - Weekend Warrior
    1990 Crown Vic - Driver/Project

the glass pops out (wedge a screwdriver behind the glass and gently pry it out while being ever ready to catch it). Then you'll have access to everything.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.

Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by FTbass View Post
      I really want to give the trim rings on my side-view mirrors. How do I go about taking apart the mirrors to access the ring? Used the search bar, and couldn't find anything on it. It's a '90 CV. Thanks!
      Zach did that on my old car... Read post # 54

Post pics of your car in here, works in progress, etc... Ford/Lincoln/Mercury vehicles only.
      2003 Town Car Signature - 3.27 RAR, Dual exhaust and J-mod - SOLD 9/2011
      89 Crown Victoria LX HPP -- SOLD 9/2010
      88 Grand Marquis LS - The Original -- Totaled 5/2006

I rebuild AOD/AODE/4R70W/4R75E transmissions....Check out my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/North...48414635312478

Comment

Yep, the glass just pops out, the trim is held on by 4 screws.
        2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
        2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
        2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
        1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

I just reach my hand back behind the glass and pull. It'll pop right out.

Comment

Working...
          X