No announcement yet.

82 Merc power antenna

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah as long as that ebay antenna isn't broken, it should work fine. That's what they look like in the boxes I've seen anyway.

Hard to tell, but it looks like that one may have the trim ring on it, if not then I would suggest getting an antenna from a box because the trim ring screws into the top of the antenna tube.

And no sorry I didn't get the switch and panel but it should be easy to wire up, just find the pin layout for the antenna, which my 85 EVTM should have in it if you need that information.
    1985 LTD Crown Victoria - Currently restoring after she caught fire! CFI to SEFI to Carb swap, all custom wiring, Duraspark 2 ignition, Motorcraft 2100 Carb, slicktop, Shorty headers dumped before rear axle, 140 Speedo, 3G alt, And currently building an engine for her.

2000 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series - 165XXX, PI intake swap , 30 MPG Easy on the Highway, All options except dual exhaust. Currently looking for 2 front seats: Heated, Memory, and Light Graphite color!!

Comment

would it be worth it for 38 bucks?

oh.. and HOW THE HELL do i get to the damn antenna?
      Charlette - Brown 1977 Ford LTD - 351 Windsor 155K, Full Custom Pioneer system, green HID, interior & underbody
      Alesha - Black 1982 Mercury Marquis - 255ci 178K, full custom Kenwood and Infinity system, lowered, dual exhaust, LED all the things
      Tangerine Dream - Orange 1988 F-150 Custom - 300 i6 82k, Ghetto sound system, 5spd, 2WD, #farmtruck

Comment

Honestly I hadn't really looked at them until yesterday when I got your trim piece, and it looks to me like it would be easiest if the fender was removed, but there may be an easier way I'm not too sure.

Price for a power antenna at my local yard is 10.99, so its a little more on eBay.

Also I just saw your pics on your other thread and the stock antenna switch would go right where your LED switches are so it'd probably be better for you to do a custom setup anyway
        1985 LTD Crown Victoria - Currently restoring after she caught fire! CFI to SEFI to Carb swap, all custom wiring, Duraspark 2 ignition, Motorcraft 2100 Carb, slicktop, Shorty headers dumped before rear axle, 140 Speedo, 3G alt, And currently building an engine for her.

2000 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series - 165XXX, PI intake swap , 30 MPG Easy on the Highway, All options except dual exhaust. Currently looking for 2 front seats: Heated, Memory, and Light Graphite color!!

Comment

ohhh.... well shit... hahahaha... i probably will just wire it to come up when the key comes on all the time. coudl you nab me one from the yard for that very appealling 11 bucks? and ship it with the tripminder/clock (whichever you want to sell i just wanna fill the blank panel)
          Charlette - Brown 1977 Ford LTD - 351 Windsor 155K, Full Custom Pioneer system, green HID, interior & underbody
          Alesha - Black 1982 Mercury Marquis - 255ci 178K, full custom Kenwood and Infinity system, lowered, dual exhaust, LED all the things
          Tangerine Dream - Orange 1988 F-150 Custom - 300 i6 82k, Ghetto sound system, 5spd, 2WD, #farmtruck

Comment

Sure. As soon as I find one that's not broken ill see about pullin it for ya. That way ill know how they come out anyway

Comment

cool.. if not. then you think that 36 dollar one is worth it?

Comment

bah... pull the inner fender down and replace the push clips that break in the process. no need to remove the fender.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Originally posted by gadget73
                ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.

Originally posted by dmccaig
                Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Yep sounds better than my idea

Comment

ok sounds good.. ill just get the one on ebay then.. it has the trim ring so just let me know when you find the clock

Comment

I need to replace the power antenna on my 93 vic. it no longer go up/down.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

bought this antenna.. it came today

apparently it was rear mounted.. but whatever.. anyway.. its not gonna fit under my fender without some modification/persuasion..

but now my issue s the damn thing isnt working with 12v.. WTF!?... what voltages are these motors?

Comment

hwo do these hook up?. im assumign its 12v but its not wanting to work....

im retarded.. i just realised the metal housing is the ground

Comment

i dont know how to work this motor..

Comment

it should work just like a window motor. 12V to one wire... it goes one way. 12V to the other wire... it goes the other way. these were not automatic types. These were meant to be used with a manual up/down rocker switch.

Comment

THANKYOU SO MUCH!!!!

i just figured it out!!!... gotta run a few wires.. and its a REALLY tight fit, but its in there and work.

Comment

Working...
                                X