Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else lost their door check hardware??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone else lost their door check hardware??

This happened a year or so ago, but it was so odd I thought I'd ask.

The door check hardware on boxes includes two metal tabs (including a ramp) and a plastic / nylon roller. Well, the two tabs just fell right off, landing on the ground. It looked like they hadn't rusted off, but had fatigued. This is on a car that has 80k miles and was garaged up until a year ago, so rust shouldn't have been a significant issue.

To fix, it appears I am going to have to find them off a parts car and remove the doors to weld the checks on.

Has this happened to anyone else? I'd not seen it when I was active on the forums.
    2009 Ford Escape Manual (Hers)
    2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Lifted (His)
    1987 Mercury Grand Marquis (Was Grandpa's)
    1974 IH 100 4x4 (In Pieces)

Not completely sure if I know what you're talking about when you say door check hardware, but if you're talking about the parts that kinda lock in and hold the door open, I'm almost positive those are part of the door hinge. So if that's the case just change the door hinge. 6 bolts hold it on, not a big deal.
    1985 LTD Crown Victoria - Currently restoring after she caught fire! CFI to SEFI to Carb swap, all custom wiring, Duraspark 2 ignition, Motorcraft 2100 Carb, slicktop, Shorty headers dumped before rear axle, 140 Speedo, 3G alt, And currently building an engine for her.

2000 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series - 165XXX, PI intake swap , 30 MPG Easy on the Highway, All options except dual exhaust. Currently looking for 2 front seats: Heated, Memory, and Light Graphite color!!

Comment

Yep, just checked, it's part of the lower door hinge. I'm a derp!
      2009 Ford Escape Manual (Hers)
      2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Lifted (His)
      1987 Mercury Grand Marquis (Was Grandpa's)
      1974 IH 100 4x4 (In Pieces)

Comment

incidentally I believe the part is the same up to and including 2011.
        03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
        02 SL500 Silver Arrow
        08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
        12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

Working...
        X