what the hole?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what the hole?

Today I was removing the (imo) ugly side molding from my 98 gm, the front door molding had started to come off and when I saw it was only double sided tape I figured why not take it off? So I got the drivers door done and it looked amazing compared to having molding there. I decided to take it all off because of how nice it looked, took the piece off the fender, then moved to the back door. I got it half way off when I saw a factory hole in the back door and was then very angry lol. Does anyone know why this hole is there? Do all of these cars have it? and would it be worth it to weld in a pug and repaint? Click image for larger version

Name:	20130405_162826.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	80.4 KB
ID:	1300542
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20130405_164451.jpg
Size:	88.9 KB
ID:	1300543
    Doesn't it look so much better with out it?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG00629-20101222-1557.jpg
Size:	87.6 KB
ID:	1300544

Sorry do not know why those loaded upside down.

Comment

no clue about that hole, but it does look very clean without the moldings there. Seems odd to have a hole there... for anything. There's no reason I can see.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Originally posted by gadget73
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.

Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

I didn't take the back door panel off to check but maybe that its the only way to access something for the lock actuator or window motor/track? I cant think of anything else really. I can do the patch and the body work but I don't have access to a spray booth to paint it. I'm going to go talk to a body shop that I know and trust and see what he would charge to blend the two doors and respray them with clear once its done. If its like 200-300 for both sides it might be worth it.

Comment

Working...
        X