Explorer rims for my box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Explorer rims for my box

looking at getting some explorer rims to put on my Merc for the winter. right now i got a set of steelies that were on the car when i bought her but they look ugly and are only 14" i believe.

im wanted a set of rims i can throw snow tires on for my winter driving. thoughts on the styles?

always liked the look of these 2.

Charlette - Brown 1977 Ford LTD - 351 Windsor 155K, Full Custom Pioneer system, green HID, interior & underbody
    Alesha - Black 1982 Mercury Marquis - 255ci 178K, full custom Kenwood and Infinity system, lowered, dual exhaust, LED all the things
    Tangerine Dream - Orange 1988 F-150 Custom - 300 i6 82k, Ghetto sound system, 5spd, 2WD, #farmtruck

I think the chrome ''15 ford ranger rims would look better. Plus, should be cheaper since they are steel, instead of aluminum.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
    1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
    1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
    2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
    2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	38371380008_medium.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	54.4 KB
ID:	1272020

Those rims

Comment

I have 15inch bronco 2 wheels on my Lincoln....those 14 inch wheels may not clear the front calipers,so check fitment before buying....

Comment

good point.. that means my steelies arent 14 because my 15x8s barely clear

how much for a set like those marquisman?
          Charlette - Brown 1977 Ford LTD - 351 Windsor 155K, Full Custom Pioneer system, green HID, interior & underbody
          Alesha - Black 1982 Mercury Marquis - 255ci 178K, full custom Kenwood and Infinity system, lowered, dual exhaust, LED all the things
          Tangerine Dream - Orange 1988 F-150 Custom - 300 i6 82k, Ghetto sound system, 5spd, 2WD, #farmtruck

Comment

I know around here.I can get them for $25-$30 per rim.

Comment

jesus

thats amazing!... damn you canadians..

Comment

25-30 is pretty average around here too. At a yard I got 2 2000 signature series wheels with decent tires for 60 a piece. 30 for rim and 30 for tire.

The plain old steelies are cheaper at around 20-25
                1985 LTD Crown Victoria - Currently restoring after she caught fire! CFI to SEFI to Carb swap, all custom wiring, Duraspark 2 ignition, Motorcraft 2100 Carb, slicktop, Shorty headers dumped before rear axle, 140 Speedo, 3G alt, And currently building an engine for her.

2000 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series - 165XXX, PI intake swap , 30 MPG Easy on the Highway, All options except dual exhaust. Currently looking for 2 front seats: Heated, Memory, and Light Graphite color!!

Comment

hey.. what is the bolt pattern for these sleds anyway?.. i got aftermarket rims on my Merc and i dont even know what the measurement is LOL

Comment

4.5 inch on 5 lug (4.5x5)
                    it's measured from one lug to the second after (not the immediately next lug, but the one after that).

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Originally posted by gadget73
                    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.

Originally posted by dmccaig
                    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

I always like the older ranger STX/explorer wheels....

Click image for larger version

Name:	17552_1326644643486_6364582_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	65.7 KB
ID:	1272041
                      Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Originally posted by slymer View Post
                        4.5 inch on 5 lug (4.5x5)
                        it's measured from one lug to the second after (not the immediately next lug, but the one after that).
                        knew that. just didnt really know the exact measurement.. thanks i appreciate that one alot

Comment

Originally posted by mrltd View Post
                          I always like the older ranger STX/explorer wheels....

[ATTACH=CONFIG]35540[/ATTACH]
                          i agree.. i especially like the ealry 90s explorer limited rims

Comment

next question... what kinda backspacing should i be looking at with an aftermarket 15x8 rim?

Comment

what guy on here has these rims on his white box Merc? ive seen it in his signature pic but cant find it now

Comment

Working...
                              X