Plastic protection???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plastic protection???

Does anyone know if there is a kind of plastic cling film, (or any other flexible plastic) like the stuff that protects I-pads, tablets, etc, that would be impervious to DOT 3 brake fluid?...........until I can get the proper master cyl gasket and bail, I need to stop fluid from running down the outside of the master cylinder and killing my inner fender paint!

Thanks in advance for the suggestions.

tape down aluminum foil and roll the back edge to make a channel to keep the fluid going where you want it. I don't know of any paint/plastic that won't eventually be pissed off by brake fluid.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

EPDM rubber is about it, though I don't know where you might find a hunk of that unless you know a guy in the roofing business. Reasonably sure rubber roof material is EPDM.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
      X