Heated power mirror wiring problem.... For my 86 townie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heated power mirror wiring problem.... For my 86 townie

Ok so the drivers side power mirror on my townie took a shit and died.. The thermometer hasn't worked right for the last 6 months and th little green light died.....the mirror has a bad burn ring in it from the defroster being used and the housing had previously been wracked going on the garage once or twice.... Sooooooo I was able to get ahold of a mint mint mint complete mirror and cable but from an 87-89. The new mirror has a 6 hole plug at the end.... The mirror in my 86 has two plus one with 2 holes and one with 4 holes.... So now what do I do...... I remember reading somewhere that this isn't a big deal and easy to remedy...... Any help is appreciated... Thanks

all the pins are the same shape right? Pull the center plastic keeper out and then you can remove the pins from the new one and do the same with the old one and slot the pins into the old harnesses where they should go. I think they're even the same color wires. Correct me if I'm wrong though. You may need to acquire the pinout for both of them before you proceed if the wires are all different colors.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

yeah, just need to swap plugs. Did the same thing on my 86, got NOS mirrors from an 88. Same wire colors if I remember correctly.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
      X