front drivers GLASS FOR A 1979-81 FORD LTD OR CROWN VIC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

front drivers GLASS FOR A 1979-81 FORD LTD OR CROWN VIC

will a front drivers GLASS FOR A 1979-81 FORD LTD OR CROWN VIC fit an 87 FORD CROWN VIC

I think something may have changed inside the doors, looking on car-part.com it has you choose '82-down or '83-up for Crown Vic parts. I chose Glass Driver Front without vent window with sail mirror. The simplest thing to do is look at window regulators for sale online and see if the same part number fits say, an '80 & an '87. I'm too lazy to do that right now.
    Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

I think there are three styles at least.

Some of the early cars had the little chrome mirrors, that glass is unique. The other differences would be between a vent window vs non vent if they both have door mounted mirrors. If the '81 has a door mounted mirror similar to your car, and the same vent/non vent window options, then it might. Will check my catalog later if no one had a for sure answer.
      1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
      1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
      Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
      Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

NO it won't fit.
        89 Colony Park
        90 Colony Park
        70 HEMI Daytona Convertible

Comment

I'd trust WagonMan because he's got experience with these cars and their parts.

The Master Parts Catalog has some info that seems incomplete. Keep in mind that this the door glass only, and doesn't include any brackets that mare installed that may cause a problem for direct bolt in swaps. Also the catalog is 1980-89, so 1979 and 1990-91 I do not have information on.
          - 1980 with sail mirrors have a unique front door glass (may also include 1979). Two-door is unique, four-door and wagon are the same.
          - 1980-87 Ford/Mercury with vent windows are interchangeable. Two-door is unique, four-door and wagon are the same.
          - 1988-89 Ford/Mercury are interchangeable. Four-door and wagon are the same.

The most obvious problem with this is that there are 1988+ with vent windows and those without. It makes no mention of that. Again - I trust WagonMan here - if he says it won't fit, it probably won't.

1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
          1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
          Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
          Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

ok thanks for the info

Comment

Working...
            X