Window weather stripping????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Window weather stripping????

Lately it's been raining a lot in texas and all the window channel seal is gone on my 84 grand marquis. Tons of water has been pouring in and burning out my window motor. Does anyone have any tips on how to replace it? Can't seem to find any online
    sigpic

actually... there's a sticky at the top of this forum you posted in about the dew wipes (the bottom edge of the window)...

there's a source listing for parts (let us know if any links don't work and we'll try to source new links).

This thread is for all the rubber bits that keep the rain out. Post your findings in this thread. We'll try to keep the list in the first post updated. Trunk weatherstrip: Metro Moulded IS-TK 66 http://www.amazon.com/Metro-Moulded-...dp/B0072GV0CM/ (http://www.amazon.com/Metro-Moulded-66-Trunk-Seal/dp/B0072GV0CM/) Window dew

As for the channel itself, you pretty much have to take the glass out and cut bulk channel felt to fit when you replace the dry rotting stock stuff. Once you get good channel felt in, give it a little spray with silicone lubricant to help keep things running smooth.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.

Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

I have installed both the dew wipe material and the window channel material.

Dew wipe really is the best replacement I have come across.

Window channel weatherstripping only fits funny by a vent window. Other than that it is really really good.

Pro tip: When Installing the window channel weatherstripping cut slits in the back side of the weatherstripping to allow it to turn around corners. Doing so keeps the face of the weatherstripping as one continuous piece.
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
        Pro tip: When Installing the window channel weatherstripping cut slits in the back side of the weatherstripping to allow it to turn around corners. Doing so keeps the face of the weatherstripping as one continuous piece.
        Did that in the factory. I saved a piece showing the slits, but cannot find the pic. The slits are 1-2cm apart allowing for a nice vertex angle. I used a razor and carefully sliced 1/4 thru backside.
        sigpic
        1987 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 2DR
        302CID, K&N air filter, Dual cherrybomb glasspacks, Vogue tyres (Front:P225/60R16,,Rear:P235/60R16), Centerline Pulsar wheels (Front:7", Rear 8")
        COBRA 25LTD CB with/ Wilson 500 whip antenna.

Comment

Located it. This was the piece bending just before the vent window

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          sigpic
          1987 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 2DR
          302CID, K&N air filter, Dual cherrybomb glasspacks, Vogue tyres (Front:P225/60R16,,Rear:P235/60R16), Centerline Pulsar wheels (Front:7", Rear 8")
          COBRA 25LTD CB with/ Wilson 500 whip antenna.

Comment

Wow thanks! Exactly what I was looking for.!
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X