custom 2door vic 90 front and rear?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

custom 2door vic 90 front and rear?

Hey i have had this crazy idea i dont know if it would work or not? A 86 two door body with 1990 front fenders,hood,fibreglass,lights,bumpers,trunk,rear fibreglass,taillights and rear bumpers.??? well think that might work and know of anyone that did this? I left out the small details everyone that has ever had one knows what they are I also have another question would the rear bumper and the plastic surround from an 88 lincoln town car work with the 88-90 crown vic taillights if so i want to take the black plastic bumper trim off and fill in the license plate hole and piant it black:cops:
    YouTube. FaceBook Crown Vic Group

Cogs did it...

I didn't rly like it too much... Since I prefer to keep my 87 tudor all 87...
    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

The fenders are indetical. All you'll need is the front facia and bumper and the rear facial and bumper and trunk lid. I forget if the hood is different?

Comment

The hoods are different. The Mercury hoods are the same from 1979-1991. The Ford hoods are the same from 1979-1987. The hoods from 1988-1991 are identical to the Mercury hoods.
        Save a seal, club a liberal.

Comment

is there any pics? I don't have the search thing down yet!

Comment

The front fenders are not completely the same. You will have to drill new holes for the front and rear bumper filler panels. That takes all of about 5 minutes though. Not worth swapping fenders. The front end will bolt on other than that.

The trunk will bolt on, but you will need to re-adjust the tension rods(not a job I'd reccomend you do yourself) The part where the tail lights bolt to is NOT the same and to do this right you will need to cut this at the welds at the 1/4s all the way around the back and replace with a peice from an 88-91. It wouldn't be too hard but at that time I didn't know how to weld so I just drilled new holes for the tail lights and got creative with some great stuff and some weather stripping, but I wouldn't reccomend that path.

Hope that helps.

Btw, the whole conversion cost me about $200.

Comment

I dont know for sure, but I'm almost positive you cant fit a town car bumper on a vic.

Comment

You might be right I havent got to go to the U-PULL-IT yet to try this out on one of there's,I know the mounts are at least similiar to the vics but im not sure about the plastic piece the assembly looks like it's like 2 inch's shorter than the vic

Comment

*barf*

Cogs knows what I think about his project!

'85 2-Door Crown Victoria
                  302 HO, -0.022" E7 Heads, Weiand Dual Plane Intake, Edelbrock 1406 Carb, Mechanical Fuel Pump, HEI Distributor, 180* T-stat, Transgo Shift Kit, HO Governor, Lokar TV/Throttle Cable Setup, B&M Torq Master 2000 RPM Stall Converter, FRPP Trans Cooler, Mustang Shorty Headers, 2.25" Dual Exhaust, Flowtech H-pipe (no converters), Hooker AeroChamber Mufflers, Side-exit Exhaust w/ Chromed 2.5" Tips, '02 PI F/R Shocks, Cut 2004 PI Front Springs in the Rear, PI Rear Sway Bar, 17" SAP Wheels, 245/50/Z17 Michelin Pilot A/S Tires, Cold A/C, Cruise Control, 4.10 Rear End Gears, Trac Lok Diff.
                  '04 Crown Victoria LX Sport, '02 Jeep Liberty
                  '83 Suzuki GS 1100E Motorcycle[/color]

Comment

Gotta keep the 87-back stuff on the vics...

However, on a merk... I personally like the 88-up stuff better, hence why I changed

Also, notice how I do not, or have any intentions of blacking out any trim on my vic?
                    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

I just want it to blend in with a pitch black shadow with black tint windows complete with the "new car look" if i could do that and if I could get insurance on two car's I want to find me a 2 door.

Comment

OLD thread dig up I found one and soon will be buyin her!

Comment

i personaly like the pre 87 vics alot better then the 88-91 vic's,

Comment

They didn't make 88-90 Tudor's thats what is so appealing

Comment

Do it man. 88-91 CV styling is so much better.
                              2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

Working...
                              X