No announcement yet.

Dave's Hot Rod '84 Merc 2 dr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no thats not chrome in a can,, im working in the family business for a bit, since i got laid off from the wreckers,, and you can tell the family business is a chrome shop

Comment

HOLY FUCK!!! AND YOU DIDN'T SAY ANYTHING!.....Why do you have to live in canada... How do you lay chrome on the plastic parts like the grill?

Comment

Looks good. And since you have the chrome machine, you should chrome all the engine pieces, that would be badass.
        88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
        Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

plastic cant be done at our chrome shop, just metal,,, well actualy plastic can be done over if it alredy has chrome on it but mostly just meatal beacuse it is put on thru electricity and needs to flow over the part,,

Comment

shit dude, have to peep you in mind, lol, what about gold plating?

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
            1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
            1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
            2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
            2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

yep thats how i got gold plated headlight bezels

Comment

Hey....I never noticed you had gold plated headlight rings before. Sweet!

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
                1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
                But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

no shit, ill have to see what i need chomed/golded !

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                  1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                  1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                  2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                  2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

You shouldn't have spilled your guts about the plating business, Dave. Now you're going to have alternator brackets and stuff pouring in from all around the world...lol

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
                    1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
                    But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

yep you can see um pretty good in this picture

Comment

Car looks good Dave comming along nicely

Comment

Wow, the chrome looks awesome! Is that very expensive to do for someone who doesn't have connections?

1984 Grand Marquis GS - CFI-SEFI conversion, Explorer 302, GT40 intakes, GT40P heads, 1.7 roller rockers, HO Cam, ASP Underdrive Pulley, 2.5" Dual exhaust, Flowmaster Delta 50 mufflers, 3.55 Trac-Lock, Rear disk's, Moog cargo coils, ES rear poly bushings, PI front and rear sway bars, 3G alt., Mark VIII fan, custom Auto-meter dash
                          1990 Crown Victoria Country Squire - Explorer 302, HO cam, dual exhaust, 3.55 Trac-Lock, PI rear sway bar (SOLD)
                          1982 LTD Wagon (R.I.P.) -|-1984 Grand Marquis LS(R.I.P.)

Comment

Originally posted by FatNasty
                            Wow, the chrome looks awesome! Is that very expensive to do for someone who doesn't have connections?
                            yea farely expensive,, especialy the gold head light rings,, they would have costed me $65 a piece ,i think thats the price any way , they are also very dangerous to polish the surfaces before plating case they are easy to get caught in the mechine and you could take a couple fingers off real quick if you dont know what your doing in the polishing room,, ,, chrome is cheaper then gold, a lot of work and a lot of hydro is put into doing plateing..

Comment

Dave, your engine bay looks awesome!

But I don't know...I think I like the look of the dual-snorkel better...It was different.

sigpic
                              - 2004 Ford Thunderbird - 2006 Ford F150 XLT - 2018 Ford Explorer Limited - 1958 Mercury Medalist

Comment

well today i got a few '79 parts including a '79 frt bumper, i will get some pics of the bumper tomorow,(Cant beleve i finaly got one) but here is the other stuff i got,,,,,i also got a 79 steering wheel center witch is all silver insted of the wood grain,,,here is a pic of the other stuff i got,,( Fender louvers, roof louvers, b pillar lights)

Comment

Working...
                                X