No announcement yet.

My 1994 GM LS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had to do that with an 85 Pontiac Parisienne (Caprice) and ended up having to replace 18 feet of hose in that thing. What a cluster those old smogged carbs were. Ran great after that though, until I tried to replace the carb and ended up blowing the engine up after that (blew out the left rear cylinder - maybe just head gasket - but fuel, oil, and coolant were dumping out of it).

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

So, while at idle when depressing the brake pedal, idle is shit. Got out, plugged the brake booster line, and its a good idle. So that means the brake booster is shit.
      Last edited by Grand1; 09-18-2023, 02:31 PM.

1978 Grand Marquis 460 2door "Blue Bomber"

1987 LTD Crown Vic Canadian Tow Package 351w aka the "MI Mountie"

1989 Colony Park ....Marge still lives!

1979 Marquis creamy goodness

Comment

Yup. Bah and humbug.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

So brake booster is in, bench bleeding the master..looks like there is a slight crack in reservoir...godamn. looks like a new or used one with ABS is hard to find....anyone have one?

Comment

Well I patched the ever living dogshit out of the res. Master and booster in... No leaks for now.

Found the vac leak. From tee on firewall into driver side where drivers right knee would be, under stearing column Click image for larger version  Name:	16954864640721590549422102979690.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.21 MB ID:	1391814 Click image for larger version  Name:	16954865231843197947218046123773.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.07 MB ID:	1391815 Click image for larger version  Name:	16954865834033942252647683322443.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.97 MB ID:	1391816 . Brake light is off, no stumbles....purrs. stoked!

Comment

Comment

On to the windows as all are shit. I am using a 5 16ths drill bit for the rivets. Is there another bit I should be using? Those things have done nothing but fight me, they hold...kinda don't want to break the glass with a punch but da rivets seem to hold, after being gutted.

Comment

I used a small bit to get the center point stable on the rivet and then put a 1/4 drill in there to drill the hat off the rivet to be able to poke it though the hole and out the back. Replaced all the rivets with 1/4-20 bolts and nuts with lock washers on both ends (bolt head and nut) and have no issues with anything coming apart. Been using that setup in my 93 for at least 8 years. I'd have to go back through all the posts to figure out when I replaced the regulators the first time. Makes replacing the regulators silly easy the next time. Only need 3/4 inch bolts. I used 1 inch bolts since that's what I had on hand and it all still clears.

Comment

Much appreciated, the lock washer on both sides definitely gives the regulator motor a much more steady base for its function. Did it to the glass too, but easied up and didn't crank it down to much. Panel will go on 2morrow and it's three to go.

Comment

Well drivers side and passenger side regulators done...like my bit must suck or the rivets where made out of titanium. Anyway got the passenger rear in. Really hard moving....lubed the channels, monkey around with tightening and loosing apporaite nuts for track. This window wants to move and wedge itself....outside of the track sometimes.

Any tips?

Comment

Roll up almost to closed with the regulator bolts loose and then snug them up and roll down to see if it moves easily. If it starts to bind up on the way down, not the way the window angle changes and shift the bottom of the regulator towards the down side of that angle and try again. Silicon lube on the felt will help as well.

Comment

I have three functioning windows, wow took me alot longer than I thought....really changes the dynamic of the car itself......feels like a Hell of an accomplishment with have operating windows, lol.

Couldn't have the tint, it got scratched in parts...it was crispy and comes of like pulling on a paper towel, so that will have to be redone.

Comment

Working...
                          X