No announcement yet.

My redneck pickup.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow! That's quite the experience. I just hope I never have to deal with a situation like that ....
    2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Ah, locking steering wheels are a royal pain - the one in my truck decided to lock on me at a traffic light on my way home after I picked it up, talk about creative work with the ignition key. Thing is I have a slap-stick shifter, so the column stays in park all the time and that dumb thing was loose and engaged somehow. Fixed it by cutting ignition key off, putting it into ignition, turning lock to "unlocked" but not "run", and then moving the column to what would be 1st gear and locking it there with a humongous zip-tie. Of course that means that anyone could get in and drive the truck, so I installed a kill switch instead of the neutral safety switch, and I also club the wheel every time I park the truck for more than 5 minutes. Did I mention locking steering wheels are evil?

Comment

Damn...And I thought that the Grand Marquis pickup was cool...

Would that be a Ranchero Squire? Or a Country Ranchero? A Crown Ranchero?

sigpic
        - 2004 Ford Thunderbird - 2006 Ford F150 XLT - 2018 Ford Explorer Limited - 1958 Mercury Medalist

Comment

I have never had a problem with a locking steering wheel. y'all have some weird shit break on your cars.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
          X