My Thunderbird

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Thunderbird

She's got some rust that will be taken care of shortly, and then comes a paintjob. Bit of a bitch to work on, but great to drive, worn as it is.
    Nick
    88 Colony Park LS
    G-pa's old car, but he's cruisin around heaven in his 69 wagon now
    Future plans:Semi HO conversion, or Explorer motor swap, shift kit, PI springs and sway bars, KYB-GR2 shocks

No los picture-os
    -Matt
    1968 Fairlane 500 - 1998 Camaro Z/28

Comment

Great, it's not letting me upload pics...ugh
      Nick
      88 Colony Park LS
      Future plans:Semi HO conversion, or Explorer motor swap, shift kit, PI springs and sway bars, KYB-GR2 shocks

Comment

no pics :nonono:
        well, I'm sure you have a nice Tbird!
        sigpic
        1989 Ford Crown Victoria

Comment

1987 Country Squire LX Wagon 5.0L: Daily Ride......1964 Lincoln Continental 430ci: Toy #1.
          1984 F-250 4x4 4.9L: Toy #2.............................1968 Volkswagen Bug 2.0L: Toy #3.
          1989 F-250 4x4 5.8L: Emergency backup and work truck...

Comment

Originally posted by Enigma View Post
            +1
            LTD is still here

Comment

Pics mang, pics!
              1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
              1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
              Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
              Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

She's got a long way to go, but as the 3rd generation driving it, I'm proud to be driving it.
                Nick
                88 Colony Park LS

Comment

A couple more...first on the list for the body is a new LH fender and replacement rocker panels

Nick
                  88 Colony Park LS

Comment

Needs 5.0L.

GMN Box Panther History

Comment

I've liked T-birds for years, basicly any style from the 70's to the style you have (didn't like the "Fairmont" looking ones much.) I've looked at alot of them on lots or for sale by owner, but not when I was seriously looking to buy. Does your have the 3.8? And if so, what makes it more of a "sports" car than a 3.8 Taurus? Is it geared different, or more valves maybe? I'd like to know more about it!
                      Back in the saddle again!

2004 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor in Unimaginative Bureaucratic Brown
                      Bone stock... for now.

Comment

Well, it's RWD which is more sporty than FWD. Other than that probably not much. I bet the suspension is designed to take turns faster than a Taurus. All it needs is gears, sway bars, and exhaust. Then it'll be more fun to drive.
                        88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
                        Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

Originally posted by 88Vic View Post
                          All it needs is gears, sway bars, and exhaust. Then it'll be more fun to drive.
                          Two words: Super Coupe. OR is that SuperCoupe?

GMN Box Panther History

Comment

That looks like a plain jane 3.8L.

Sounds like it has some emotional attachment too, keep 'er running good buddy.
                            -Matt
                            1968 Fairlane 500 - 1998 Camaro Z/28

Comment

Yup, plain jane 3.8L which is surprisingly torquey and well matched to the AOD. Sure, it'll take about 9 seconds to 60 but it feels solid.

As far as it being more sporty than a Taurus, it's RWD, and has a well designed IRS. Even with my car, which has the softest springs fitted to this style of car, it will easily out-handle a Mustang of the same vintage.

My future plans are to rebuild the 3.8 witha ported intake, 1.72 Rockers, possibly a cam, and a full 2.25" dual exhaust. Along with that would be a 5-speed from a Super Coupe, and a 3.55 rear. I'm pretty satisfied with the suspension, so a mostly stock rebuild would probably be in order for that.

Right now, my main focus is keeping it running and repair the rust. Thanks for the compliments and support guys.
                              Nick
                              88 Colony Park LS

Comment

Working...
                              X