Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dave84 View Post
    just watched the vid of your exhust,, that sounds sweet,,,
    you should lower the whole car a few inces, put on a pre 87 header panel tint the windows, take the wood off, and put some fenderskirts on, that would be one sweet looking waggin,,, In my opinion anyway
    I hear ya, and thanks...

speaking of that wood..stuff; I do plan on re-finishing the axe, and I have read a few threads on the removal subject, question: can you paint over it-will paint stick to it? has anyone ever tried burning it off? - no really though, can you paint over it?

Comment

i wouldent paint over it, probly look pretty bad,,, shouldent be to hard to get it off on a hot day,,then use varasol to get all the glue off,,, i dont know for sure since i have never taken off any wood grain, but i think i might have the right idea,,,or the "ri"

Comment

Man... I tried to get a loose peice of it off already, and I tell ya, they used one helluva bonding agent to stick that crap on..

Or did you mean a hot day... IN HELL??!!! lol

I was looking at some fancy paint removers you put on a side grinder thinking about it but,.. one day I will get to that and do an article on it.

Comment

hmmmm.. yea i have never had to do it but i can imagine how hard it is to get off or in short form "go"

Comment

http://www.gleempaint.com/wagner-paint-eater.html

yeah - here it is.. they got em up at the lowes "battleaxe" improvement warehouse. IDK (I dont know) I also have seen a lot of different looking grinding disks for a side grinder there to.. might be worth a try when I do that...

oh yeah, I also have sand blaster, thought that might work to

Comment

Interesting camera angle. You had the same evil giggle I had the first time I hooked up a camcorder on an RC10 one rainy day a long time ago. My camera did not survive. Are you going to have a crossover welded in? Might pick up some bottom end torque with one.

Comment

Originally posted by torquelover View Post
                Interesting camera angle. You had the same evil giggle I had the first time I hooked up a camcorder on an RC10 one rainy day a long time ago. My camera did not survive. Are you going to have a crossover welded in? Might pick up some bottom end torque with one.
                Yeah, its a little cybershot camera with the mpeg recorder... bought it hot off craigslist for $40, came with a 1gb memory stick.. I just sat it on the pavement and hit record... there is no x'ver... Just straight out pipes and 40 series flowmasters... Not doing x'ver or h

Comment

Sounds good to me. It's not how I would've done it, but it works all the same. What's next for engine mods?
                  88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
                  Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

Originally posted by 88Vic View Post
                    Sounds good to me. It's not how I would've done it, but it works all the same. What's next for engine mods?
                    Good question: Although the engine runs very well, it really needs a going through. The previous owner had just done a tune up i.e plugs, wires, cap, rotor, coil, IAC, water pump, and radiator.

That leaves left all the oil related gaskets, which all leak.

I was thinking stuff like cam, intake and transplanting a rear end from something newer with rear disks.. not really for sure on anything right yet.

Other than getting the minor body work done and paint, all other stuff at this point is first break, first serve.

Still have about 3500 - 4k in the budget so as the body work gets done I will be getting the suggestions here and reading about other peoples mods to figure out the most important things. I still got a butt load of other drivability issues to deal with like ball joints, bushing etc.. mostly suspension stuff.

Any ideas are welcome in my project, all you guys here rock and I appreciate all the input - really!

Comment

LOL, nice little chuckle in the video LOL! Oh and FYI, the hubs on our cars are 70.5mm in diameter.

Comment

Update: 6/6/07

Re: Un Intended Upgrades

So the window motor quit working yesterday on the passenger side front.
                        It quit working in the down position... blah

So before it got dark, I disassembled the door to get to the mechanizms to try and force it up till whenever I got a chance to fix. I could only get to the spindle half of the motor, through the speaker hole so I got the back end off and the window was freed. Went to Autozone today and got a new lift motor, when I got home started this project I had only doneonce b4 on an old buick. Lord.... what a pita

ended up just taking my grinder with a cut off blad and cutting a little square out of the bottom of the door to get to the 3 screws that held the rest of that old lift motor, got the new one in and she works great...

while I was at the parts store, noticed some decent window tinting on the clearance table, 3 bucks a box so I got 2 and installed after the lift motor.

Doing the Brakes Sat. New Rotors, Bearings, Pads, seals...

Will get some pics up tomorrow of the tint job.

Comment

If you looked close at the door before cutting it, there are 3 dimples in the sheet metal. Drill those with a 1/2" drill bit, and you can get to the bolts to hold the motor in. Thats actually the official Ford way of doing the motors.
                          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

well... since ford, officially put some crap in the door bass ackwards like that and since the warranty ran out long long long ago... screw it...

no, I did not notice the dimples, and if I would have, I would not known what the hell they were.

and if another one goes, Ill do it the same way being that the little rectangle 1.5" x 2" would not hurt the integrity of the door.. and its easy to work with when you got big ass hands like me.

but thanks for the info

Comment

Got all my new brake parts again -

New Rotors - Bearings- seals- Pads & Calipers- doing the job tuesday.

Comment

Working...
                              X