My 87 LTD Vic (Work In Progress)*Teaser Pics*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My 87 LTD Vic (Work In Progress)*Teaser Pics*

These are "Teaser pics" of the car before paint.I am waiting until I am finished to show the entire car,because I would rather show the car as a finished product rather than a work in progress.But I will post these pics of my work in progress,and the story of the car here,as a GMN exclusive,since you guys share that same undying love of boxes as I do.

This is my second 87 LTD,the first was horribly disfigured in a "hit and run" accident (you better keep running bastard)*shakes fist in the air*,and later sold.Now,I am the proud owner of this my 2nd 87 LTD.I am the second owner of this car.It had 120K on it when I got it,but they where all grandpa driven highway miles,so there wasn't much wear and tear on the driveline or suspension parts.I now have driven it to 145K,and I beat on it pretty hard sometimes,lol.

The Story
    I bought this Mint Beauty back in april 06 from an elderly couple for only $650 because it "wouldn't run".It was garaged almost it's entire life from when they purchased it in june of 1987,until sometime in 2004 when it "stopped running" inside their garage,instead of getting it fixed they went out and bought a new GM HPP.They eventually pushed it out of their garage and outside under a tree,where it sat until early 2006 when they pushed it out towards the road and put a For Sale sign on it.I just happened to be driving by one day on the way to a friends house when I noticed it and stopped to check it out,looked pretty damn clean,but said they only wanted $650 on the for sale sign,so I knew there was gonna be a catch.Went up and knocked on the door,talked to them,and found out the car would crank,but wouldn't start.I got the keys from them and went to check it out,the car did crank but indeed wouldn't start,obviously first thing to check for is spark,and indeed it had none.So I thought it's gotta just be the coil,slammed the hood and went to check out the rest of the car,and damn it was clean,not a speck of rust to be found anywhere on the body or frame,the interior was in mint condition besides a few cig burns on the carpet and PS front door panel,I was impressed.I told the couple I definitely wanted it,and I immediately went to the bank and got the money from my account,came back and paid them.The next day I came back with a spare good coil I had laying around,and installed it on her.Sure enough,I lucked out,and she fired right up,albeit with a bit of belt squealage.Drove her home,changed all the fluid/filters,and $300 worth of EFI sensors later I got her running Perfectly,She's been running Damn Strong ever since.When I finally got around to detailing her for the first time,I was surprised at how well she shined up,and how mint the interior still was after 20 years.

I obviously love this car alot to keep it as my Daily Driver,even in the face of todays "Ass-Reaming" Gas Prices,and I will continue to keep it as my DD for the foreseeable future.But,As we all know DD'ing has it's consequences and repercussions which will naturally happen to all cars daily-driven for a long enough time,most of the time it's just small dents and dings,and sometimes a little road rash.For me it was a mid 90's taurus hitting me in the back at 20mph.It happened back in Jan of this year,and not wanting to just weakly give up on the car I love,I have been focusing most of my efforts into restoring her rear end since then.The Trunklid,Rear Bumper,and PS tailamp have all been replaced with pieces in good shape,I have worked every piece and got everything in line almost perfectly,and have started the bodywork on the slightly damaged PS rear quarterpanel and painted it the color of the car,but it still needs to be perfected a little before the paintjob.The only damage left is to the trunklid opening which is slightly bent in,it could be pushed back out with a porta-power jack,but it's not really a big enough deal to worry about,as the trunklid still close's perfectly.I got $800 from the lady that hit my car as a out of court settlement for the accident,only spent $200 restoring the rear end,and pocketed $600,so it's almost like I got the car itself for free now,lol.And before anyone says anything,Yes my trunklid is Blue,lol,I just got it and haven't got around to painting it beige yet.

Besides the mods I have allready done (listed in my sig),Future mods that will happen within the next year will include:

1.Bodywork on PS rear QP finished and Entire Car Painted Eather A:Gloss Gunmetal Grey B:Gloss Navy Blue or C:Gloss Black
    2.Full HO Conversion (pending me finding a decent deal on the remaining stuff I need)
    3.Stock CV Turbine Rims
    4.All Chassis Bracing from the box TC,and Body Bracing from various sources installed

I choose to show these pics of the exterior because they are my favorite angles to look at these cars from,and the angle they look teh seksyest from in my opinion.I'm on 56K so I'm gonna be sitting here for awhile uploading all the pics.Enjoy!

Pics did'nt upload,let me try again.

Exterior Pics Set 1 of 4

It keeps logging me out after I upload the pics,when I log back in they are gone.This is the 4th time! :bs:

I guess I'm gonna have to go to a Hosting Service to post them,which I will have to do some other time,Sorry guys,I tried.

Comment

you try attaching them from your drive mang......tis only way i can fig out pics

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
      2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
      1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
      1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
      2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
      1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Yea I was trying it that way,I think it's just my crappy connection.

OK,got the pics uploaded to photobucket.I didn't link them directly to here so you can just look at the ones you want,instead of having to load them all with the page.Here is the link to the Exterior Pics.

Exterior Pics

Comment

Interior Pics

Here is the Link to the Interior Pics,and a brief explanation of the interior.

Interior Pics

Here are some Pic's of the Interior.I have Towncar SS Front Seats that are in near mint condition,I choose to keep the CV LX Rear Seat because I think it fit's the style of the car much better.I just wanted the TC SS Front Seats for the comfort factor (and damn are they comfortable),I plan on dyeing them Brown to match the rest of the Interior.My rear seat is nowhere near as faded as it looks in the pics,this camera doesn't do a good job of reproducing certain shades of brown.

The head unit is a Sony Explod mp40,which plays mp3 CD's.Hooked up to it are two 4in Dash & two 6x9 3-way Rear Deck Rockford Fosgate Punch Speakers(not shown).I'm not really into bass,I'm more into quality sound,which is what my setup puts out.The Dash speakers are powered by the head unit which puts out 50w x4,and the rear 3-way 6x9's are powered by a 150w x2 Rockford Fosgate Punch Amp,which is in the trunk.It sounds incredible with the right Music,and accurately reproduces sound better than my home stereo which cost twice as much.

Overall one of the most comfortable car interior's I have experienced.I've even passed out in my car many drunken times after party's instead of driving home,and slept extremely well in the front and rear seats,until I woke up and it was 120degrees inside the car,lol.The interior is easily my favorite part of this car.

Future Mods for the Interior Include:

1:Blue LED Dash Lighting Conversion
          2:Rear Sail Panel Lights
          3:Oil Pressure & Temperature Gauges

Comment

Engine Bay Pics

Here is my engine bay.By no means even close to clean or organized the way I want it to be,but 100% Tuned up and Running damn good for a 20yr old 145K engine,still pulls 22 inches of vacuum at idle!

Only Mods so far are: HO Upper Intake/60mm TB & 63mm Bored Box EGR Spacer,True Cold Air Intake,Flamethrower II IC (Relocated to inner fenderwell),and All Emissions crap deleted (With no Ill-Effects,stills runs the same as before),a 100% Clean & Restored factory Aluminum radiator,and Billet Aluminum radiator overflow tank.

Future Mods to the engine and front end:

-Complete SD HO Conversion w/ Ported E7's
            -Set of 1 5/8 Ceramic Coated equal length shorty headers
            -Front end rebuild w/ Poly bushings

Engine Bay Pics

Comment

lovin the pillowtops

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
              2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
              1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
              1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
              2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
              1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Wow,someone actually responded,lol.

Thanks mang,There is just about an endless supply of them here,If they weren't so damn Large and Heavy I would get them for GMN people and ship them out.

You can walk into the yards here and see SS Towny's for miles,allmost all of them have nice seats/interiors,but those are the nicest Tan I have found so far,too bad they did'nt make the plush seats in brown.I'm just gonna have to dye them,as soon as I can find some quality dye that I know won't rub off on my clothes,ever.

Comment

Where are you located? Think there's a dash pad out there for my POS in good condition? The pillowtops remind me of my childhood days in my Dad's Mark VI...ah, the memories.

Comment

I'm located in Monroe,NC. Junkyarding is one of my favorite things to do,so I come across some good parts sometimes,especially since no one else around here seems to be interested in anything Box Panther Related.Other than Towncars of course.Funny thing is you will never find any Fox Body here in the yards that hasn't allready been stripped of it's engine and all it's usable parts,Looking for an HO upper,or any HO parts,forget about it.

Yes,Most likely there is a mint dashpad somewhere out there right now,there pretty much allways is.Last time I was there,I actually left a Mint Tan dashpad behind,after pulling a 140mph speedo out of a p72,because I thought no one would want to pay the shipping it would require.If you do want one,or anything else Box related,let me know,or post it in the Looking to Buy section and I'll keep my eye out for ya the next time I go.

Comment

Originally posted by Custom87 View Post
                      I'm located in Monroe,NC. Junkyarding is one of my favorite things to do,so I come across some good parts sometimes,especially since no one else around here seems to be interested in anything Box Panther Related.Other than Towncars of course.Funny thing is you will never find any Fox Body here in the yards that hasn't allready been stripped of it's engine and all it's usable parts,Looking for an HO upper,or any HO parts,forget about it.

Yes,Most likely there is a mint dashpad somewhere out there right now,there pretty much allways is.Last time I was there,I actually left a Mint Tan dashpad behind,after pulling a 140mph speedo out of a p72,because I thought no one would want to pay the shipping it would require.If you do want one,or anything else Box related,let me know,or post it in the Looking to Buy section and I'll keep my eye out for ya the next time I go.
                      One mint red dashpad, please.

Comment

Ya those are some nice looking seats! I like those pedals you have too.

1984 Grand Marquis GS - CFI-SEFI conversion, Explorer 302, GT40 intakes, GT40P heads, 1.7 roller rockers, HO Cam, ASP Underdrive Pulley, 2.5" Dual exhaust, Flowmaster Delta 50 mufflers, 3.55 Trac-Lock, Rear disk's, Moog cargo coils, ES rear poly bushings, PI front and rear sway bars, 3G alt., Mark VIII fan, custom Auto-meter dash
                        1990 Crown Victoria Country Squire - Explorer 302, HO cam, dual exhaust, 3.55 Trac-Lock, PI rear sway bar (SOLD)
                        1982 LTD Wagon (R.I.P.) -|-1984 Grand Marquis LS(R.I.P.)

Comment

Thanks Mang.

Teh LTD will become more and more Custom as time goes on,Stay Tuned.

Comment

Working...
                          X