New 1987 P72 here...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New 1987 P72 here...

Hey guys. New to GrandMarq.NET. Got a tip from Mr. Land Yacht to check it out. Anyway, have held onto my box for a while, parked it from the late 90's until 2003, when it then became my daily driver until just recently. Putting almost 70k on it in two years has taken it's toll on the entire car, especially the body. First step, new cam/lifters/pushrods/timing chain (in garage) and maybe new heads, or rework My E7's. The body will be next.

Always good to see new members! I got sucked over here by LandYacht, Blaze, and a few others I originally encountered over at CarDomain, and I can't say I'm sorry. That sounds like an awfully good combo on your '87 - if you poke around my info you'll see I've also taken a liking to Performer carburetors. I considered a one-wire conversion for my '87 before realizing it was much cheaper to make a new harness for the stock 2G. Do you have more pictures and details posted at SuperMotors?
    2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Looks like a nice car
      '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
      '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

Only other thing at Supermotors is my Mark VIII (dd) from the day I bought it. The combo works well, although now the motor is a little tired. A hotter cam and new heads will fix that soon. My fiance loves it when the local kids try to take her down. She usually launches softly, and then opens up the secondaries just when they think they are keeping up. I guess it's pretty funny for people to see her in the thing once she rolls down the window. The one wire is there due to a horrible charging problem in the car. Several new alternators/regulators and new wiring didn't fix it. The one-wire did. I will have to scan some old photos and get some video up on SM soon. I'll post when that happens. I grew up pretty close to you. Lived in Brookwood in Merrillville many years ago near the Gary Country Club on Taft. I think it's called Innsbrook now?

Comment

You know, I don't know Gary and Merrillville proper all that well, though I did work at the now-closed Miner-Dunn store on US 30 in about 1996 and 1997 and on occasion got brave and took Broadway part of the way home. I've found I usually have to say "Gary" to help people have half a clue where to find Munster (where I was born), Hammond (where my dad grew up in the '50s and '60s), Lake Station (where I lived from '92 to '99), and Valparaiso (where I graduated from high school in '98)!

What part of Chicago are you in? My wife's uncle is the pastor at Parkwood Baptist on either Sawyer or Spaulding near Kedzie and 103rd in the Mount Greenwood neighborhood, and we try to get out there to visit his family from time to time.

Comment

my clone is here.... sweet!

been dying to see your car... come over by my place this sunday, man!

and if you need help with the motor work, let me know. I just got done with a heads & cam swap on the '87.
            LTD is still here

Comment

I wouldn't mind dropping by a NW Indiana mini-meet if I'm able to do it on the way through sometime. torquelover, I obviously drive past Burns Harbor on the way to either Portage or Chicago when I go that way ... LTDmasta, did you say you're in Chicago proper? And I think there were a couple more users in that area?

Comment

welcome mang

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
                302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
                k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

Welcome to GMN man, that's a SWEET LTD you've got there. Good luck with the head and cam swap, we're here if you need and help.
                  Nick
                  88 Colony Park LS
                  G-pa's old car, but he's cruisin around heaven in his 69 wagon now
                  Future plans:Semi HO conversion, or Explorer motor swap, shift kit, PI springs and sway bars, KYB-GR2 shocks

Comment

Originally posted by 1987LTDmasta View Post
                    my clone is here.... sweet!

been dying to see your car... come over by my place this sunday, man!

and if you need help with the motor work, let me know. I just got done with a heads & cam swap on the '87.
                    I get out of work around 8P Sunday. I could head over then if you're up late. Thanks for all the nice comments guys.

Comment

Welcome aboard!!! That's a nice and tough looking P-72!!!! Did you say that was your wife's car? Good job on keeping that car looking good. Would love to see vids of it.
                      Packman

Comment

to GMN dude!
                        thanks for taking my advice AND for mentioning me by name!
                        I didn't even see the mod list before...VERY nice..me likey.
                        I really like Mark VIIIs as well..I hope to have one in the future..I'm leaning towards a 2nd Gen one, tho....I like the interior a little more, but I like the gauge cluster on the 1st gen better...so, go figure.
                        sigpic
                        1989 Ford Crown Victoria

Comment

Very nice car man. Welcome!
                          2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

From one box P72 owner to another, let me say welcome!

For some reason, I can't see the pictures, but I'll take everyone else's word for it that it's a great looking car.

Is yours a 302 or 351?

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
                            1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
                            But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

nice man

Comment

Working...
                              X