The POS got cleaned up today.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The POS got cleaned up today.

Some pics of the POS after a wash and wax.

Wow, that looks really nice and clean, doesn't look like a POS to me.
    88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
    Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

OOOOOOOOOOO...

Your car is so badass man, lol. Sharp!
      1984 Ford Crown Vic LTD, The Murphmobile (RIP)
      1985 Ford Crown Vic LTD, The Murph Deuce (SOLD)
      1978 Chevrolet Caprice Classic, The Crapiece (current project)

Comment

that's a POS?
        well..it's a GRREAT lookin' POS to me!
        the window tints look great too!

hmm..now to think of a good acronym for POS...hmm.
        Pimped Out Shocker...
        Pumpin' Out Schreeches...
        Last edited by Mr. Land Yacht; 05-30-2007, 12:23 PM.
        sigpic
        1989 Ford Crown Victoria

Comment

NICE! Black boxes ftw!

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
          1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
          But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

POS my ass, that car is super nice!!! Thats how I wanted my old 4dr to look when I was done.

2009 Ford F-350 6.4 powerstroke diesel. 1977 Ford F-150 built 300 six, 5 speed trans. 1976 MG MGB roadster, 359w, t5 5 speed. 1996 Kawasaki ninja ZX6R.
            My rod is glowing, my bead is clean, my middle name is acetylene

Comment

POS to him is probably what my Dad originally thought it was, "Police Officer Sedan". hehe

Nice job man, that thing looks great!

Comment

Who washes and waxes a POS? Thats what rain is for!

Nice car dude.
                -Matt
                1968 Fairlane 500 - 1998 Camaro Z/28

Comment

Thanks for the nice words guys. The car developed a whole bunch of nicknames back in the college days. Ghetto Cruiser, da Vic, the Fury (exhaust fell off after h-pipe, lol), and the POS. I guess the last one stuck. Could also be "Police Order, Special". After seeing Will Smith call it the POS on MIB, it just sort of stuck. Some nice new ones, too:
                  Pimped Out Shocker...
                  Pumpin' Out Schreeches...
                  That's damn funny. There is one guy who doesn't ride in the car, as everytime he does, and only when he does, something catastrophic happens. Fragged input shaft, blown rear end, exhaust self-delete, electrical fire, etc.

Comment

thanks for liking my acronyms...
                    I think Police Order Sedan is very kool.
                    great Vic dude...hang on to that one!
                    sigpic
                    1989 Ford Crown Victoria

Comment

That is awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Land Yacht View Post
                        ...hang on to that one!
                        Thanks again for the nice comments. Glad to find all you Panther fans out there. For a while, I thought I was the only one. If I've held onto it this long, it'll be around to give to my kids for their first car. Hopefully gas is still available then. During some tough times not too long ago, it seemed like people were coming out of nowhere cash in hand for it. Very tempting back then. Remarkably, my Fiance talked me out of it every time. She probably regrets it now, though. Especially after last week's late night cruise downtown for some good charcoal cooked carcinogen tubes and charred cow muscle. It just wouldn't have been the same in my Fusion or Mark.

Comment

Damn, that is one beautiful vic! Nothing like a black slicktop panther.

1984 Grand Marquis GS - CFI-SEFI conversion, Explorer 302, GT40 intakes, GT40P heads, 1.7 roller rockers, HO Cam, ASP Underdrive Pulley, 2.5" Dual exhaust, Flowmaster Delta 50 mufflers, 3.55 Trac-Lock, Rear disk's, Moog cargo coils, ES rear poly bushings, PI front and rear sway bars, 3G alt., Mark VIII fan, custom Auto-meter dash
                          1990 Crown Victoria Country Squire - Explorer 302, HO cam, dual exhaust, 3.55 Trac-Lock, PI rear sway bar (SOLD)
                          1982 LTD Wagon (R.I.P.) -|-1984 Grand Marquis LS(R.I.P.)

Comment

Looks awesome man, keep up the good work. What do you have planned for your next mods?
                            Nick
                            88 Colony Park LS
                            G-pa's old car, but he's cruisin around heaven in his 69 wagon now
                            Future plans:Semi HO conversion, or Explorer motor swap, shift kit, PI springs and sway bars, KYB-GR2 shocks

Comment

Thanks again guys. New cam, timing chain, etc waiting in the garage. If compreesion and leak down are not up to snuff, maybe a bottom end rebuild. More cubes never hurts. Undecided on heads at the moment. Need to put some sort of radio back in. Got a call from a friend yesterday with a new polished marine 8-71 for a 351, with no car as a home. He's nuts. My Fiance said she wouldn't drive it with that monstrosity sticking out of the hood, lol. Well, I do have a spare set of gaskets...

Comment

Working...
                              X