My 6th Panther - '04 LX Sport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My 6th Panther - '04 LX Sport

I've never written up a history on my '85 2-door, which I should some day, but most of the details are in my signature...

I'm notoriously the youngest-oldest-man amongst my friends, so keeping in tradition when I decided to retire my '95 LX daily driver, I didn't even shop around for other cars.

I found this in Omaha, Nebraska at Performance Ford. It's a Ford certified pre-owned car so it had the 150-point inspection and came with a 6-yr, 72k powertrain warranty. For $600 I upgraded to the full bumper-bumper premium care warranty. It has 28,000 miles and 5 months of the original warranty left. Had it shipped via DAS.

Sure drives a bit different than my '95. Feels bigger...slower, but I haven't romped on it much yet. Just enjoying it. It'll be a biatch to keep clean though...

On to the pics! (Full size link included)

For those that don't know me, I'm mostly a 5.0/5.8 forum lurker. My '85 2-door is my toy car, this is my new daily driver. Too bad it has to sit outside every day!

My history of Panthers (10 years of driving now):
    '87 4-door CV (parents bought new, totaled by me, head-on)
    '85 2-door CV (sold)
    '87 2-door CV (hoodscoop car...missed )
    '95 CV LX (parents bought new, graduation gift to me, daily driver 3-years, sold)
    '85 2-door CV (see signature)
    '04 CV LX Sport

~Adam
    Last edited by AOD; 06-13-2007, 10:19 AM.

'85 2-Door Crown Victoria
    302 HO, -0.022" E7 Heads, Weiand Dual Plane Intake, Edelbrock 1406 Carb, Mechanical Fuel Pump, HEI Distributor, 180* T-stat, Transgo Shift Kit, HO Governor, Lokar TV/Throttle Cable Setup, B&M Torq Master 2000 RPM Stall Converter, FRPP Trans Cooler, Mustang Shorty Headers, 2.25" Dual Exhaust, Flowtech H-pipe (no converters), Hooker AeroChamber Mufflers, Side-exit Exhaust w/ Chromed 2.5" Tips, '02 PI F/R Shocks, Cut 2004 PI Front Springs in the Rear, PI Rear Sway Bar, 17" SAP Wheels, 245/50/Z17 Michelin Pilot A/S Tires, Cold A/C, Cruise Control, 4.10 Rear End Gears, Trac Lok Diff.
    '04 Crown Victoria LX Sport, '02 Jeep Liberty
    '83 Suzuki GS 1100E Motorcycle[/color]

Nice lookin' car!

I need to get me a new one when I get back stateside...
    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

I like the whales.
      Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

nice!

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
        2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
        1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
        1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
        2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
        1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Very nice! Ought to be lots of fun if and when you start with performance upgrades. Seriously too bad you can't buy those new anymore (for those with the $$$, that is).
          2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

I'm fairly certain you can get a 2007 CV LX Sport still...if you're willing to shell out 28K for it. I paid almost half that for this car and it's only 2.5 years old.

No plans for performance mods on the '04, it's my daily driver. I'm going to replace the K&N air filter that came in it with a regular paper filter.

Sounds weak, but I have my '85 2-door and motorcycle as my toys to spend money on.

~Adam

302 HO, -0.022" E7 Heads, Weiand Dual Plane Intake, Edelbrock 1406 Carb, Mechanical Fuel Pump, HEI Distributor, 180* T-stat, Transgo Shift Kit, HO Governor, Lokar TV/Throttle Cable Setup, B&M Torq Master 2000 RPM Stall Converter, FRPP Trans Cooler, Mustang Shorty Headers, 2.25" Dual Exhaust, Flowtech H-pipe (no converters), Hooker AeroChamber Mufflers, Side-exit Exhaust w/ Chromed 2.5" Tips, '02 PI F/R Shocks, Cut 2004 PI Front Springs in the Rear, PI Rear Sway Bar, 17" SAP Wheels, 245/50/Z17 Michelin Pilot A/S Tires, Cold A/C, Cruise Control, 4.10 Rear End Gears, Trac Lok Diff.

Comment

What a perfect combination, great wheels, cool color and awesome interior, I'm jealous.
              1987 LTD CROWN VICTORIA, 5.0 EFI, MAGNAFLOW DUAL EXH, RED LANDAU
              FRESH AOD, 3.27 OPEN DIFF, 57K MILES, B&M SHIFT KIT AND R134A A/C

Comment

Yes. Nice color. 04's own.
                | ~ |
                2004 LX Sport-------------------------1989 LX 5.0

Comment

Looks good. How is it comfort wise? I've heard the later models have crappy seats. I've ridden in the back of an 03 Marauder, but otherwise the newest panther I've been in was a 02 HPP, which was quite comfy. I know people complain about the newer Towncar's seats and the build quality, but haven't heard much about the CVs.
                  86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                  5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                  I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

The seats in the '04 are pretty nice. The leather is soft, the seat is very comfortable. It feels like you sit a lot lower in the car, as compared to my '95 and '85.

Comment

Looks nice! Enjoy it!

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
                      1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
                      But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

Nice Vic, My Dad's '04 feels big a slow around town but on the highway you know you've got the power when you need it.
                        Resident diesel addict

Comment

cool

2009 Ford F-350 6.4 powerstroke diesel. 1977 Ford F-150 built 300 six, 5 speed trans. 1976 MG MGB roadster, 359w, t5 5 speed. 1996 Kawasaki ninja ZX6R.
                          My rod is glowing, my bead is clean, my middle name is acetylene

Comment

Originally posted by FastGallopingPonies View Post
                            Nice Vic, My Dad's '04 feels big a slow around town but on the highway you know you've got the power when you need it.
                            Yeah, these cars always feel so good on the highway...you can tell that's what they're really designed to do.

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
                            1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
                            But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

hah nice adam!
                              LTD is still here

Comment

Working...
                              X