My Vicky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
    I've been informed by the awesome mang Ivan himself that his day at the yard was very fruitful. He harvested me both a hood and a header panel in good shape today. Both are black, color isn't an issue at this point. And in fact it was the only 87 down box vic there. I got really lucky. I'll be up to Scotts this weekend to get the parts. And reassembly will start soon after that. If all goes well, I should have it back together by the first weekend in august! THANKS IVAN! THANKS SCOTT!
    SCORE!!! Happy to hear you are well and the situation has a quick resolution! Bobby

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

woot!

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Originally posted by gadget73
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.

Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Woohoo Vicky will be reborn once again

1982 Lincoln Continental Mark VI Bill Blass Designer Series 2-Door(Larisa)
        -Mods: HO Roller 302, GT40P Heads, Explorer Intakes, HO ECM(D9S), Autodimming w/compass and outside temp rearview mirror, Daniel Stern Lighting Mod, Dual Exhaust, 90's GM C/K Series Retractable Hood Light, Red Digital Dash Display, 92-94 White Leather Town Car Signature Cupholder Armrests, HPP Wheels, Police PS Cooler, Police Trans Cooler. More to come!!!!
        1998 Ford Explorer Limited 5.0 AWD(Fiona)-Mods: Lincoln Navigator THX Audio System, Ford Explorer Sport Instrument Cluster.

Comment

Yay Ivan and Scott.
          ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
          My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
          My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
          But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Rad support is cleaned up and ready for installation. Sitting in my basement drying since it was kinda windy/looked like it was gonna rain bad yesterday. It's covered in Rust-oleum Rust Reformer. As the other radiator support was done in. And it held that swiss cheese of a radiator support in one piece. Even in it's bent state lol. There probably won't be any pics until after Scottfest, mostly because I'm too lazy to take pics. So poo poo for you...

Comment

The Vic that won't die. That car has been through some hell only to rise up again. Phoenix or Jesus would be an appropriate name.

I'm sure there will be plenty of pictures taken during Scottfest too. I know I'll have my camera and usually come away with 100 some pictures.

sigpic
              - 2004 Ford Thunderbird - 2006 Ford F150 XLT - 2018 Ford Explorer Limited - 1958 Mercury Medalist

Comment

I like how Vicky comes back better than it was before the mishaps

Packman

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarquis View Post
                  The Vic that won't die. That car has been through some hell only to rise up again. Phoenix or Jesus would be an appropriate name.

I'm sure there will be plenty of pictures taken during Scottfest too. I know I'll have my camera and usually come away with 100 some pictures.
                  God I Love you!!!!

Comment

At Skippyville again. Everytime I come here, it's so different. Anyway, the header panel and hood look very sexy. I can't wait to bring them home and get them ready to install on Vicky...

Comment

How are you transporting the parts home John? Have a truck?
                      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

It's either Scott's yoda or Thain's S10. It's looking more like the S10. I'd rather be in that anyway. Since it has air conditioning.

Comment

Holy hell, I forgot to update the readers ride thread. The car is back together. Swapped the rad support, header panel and hood out Thursday.
                          Went to the junkyard today to pick up a wiper arm for passenger side since the other one stripped out on the transmission from getting caught on the hood -_- All is well now. I also managed to pick up a set of four hole 24lb injectors from a couple of Ford Taurus. I gotta get rebuild kits for them, I'm missing most of the pintle cap (hats) and I need new o rings.
                          Can't wait to see you mangs at Scottfest.

Comment

Cleaned out the interior for scottfest. No pics, because I'm lazy. Nya nya

Comment

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
                              Cleaned out the interior for Scottfest.
                              Going to sleep in your car?
                              '79 Continental Town Car
                              '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                              '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Alright, update time. I finally got Vicky to the dragstrip. It was super packed due to a rainy day on Tuesday. So I was only able to get one run in, 3 hours after I got there...

Well here's what she ended up doing. She ran a 15.5 @ 89.07mph. Her best yet. Sadly, no video this time. Next time I go I'll be sure to have someone filming. I'm pleased, but I know she can do better than that as is...

Comment

Working...
                                X