No announcement yet.

Jelybean's Ford Crown Victoria

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well she's gotta be running better than when she did before SF. With a newish radiator and starter solenoid. And you have the quietest door chime I have ever strained to hear lol.

Comment

have to get the gas gauge working right
      RIP DENNIS BARTLETT 1-13-2009

Comment

the plastic covers were on rangers and aerostars from what I can remmeber.

Car definately isn't a pos. Thing ran to SF and back without issues.
        Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Originally posted by jelybean View Post
          have to get the gas gauge working right

What's wrong with the gas guage?

Packman

Comment

I'd guess the sender sensor is bad. That's what was wrong on my old 88 I just never got around to fixing it.
            88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
            Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

i am thinking it is a bad connection in the line or a bad ground. it werks and other times it goes dead. i need to do some wire tracking in order to find out what is going on.
              Addicted to 86-87 Panthers

Comment

thought i would share pics of AF in a car show here...

Comment

Originally posted by 87_crown_vic View Post
                  i am thinking it is a bad connection in the line or a bad ground. it werks and other times it goes dead. i need to do some wire tracking in order to find out what is going on.
                  I was just curious because I am having a similar problem as well. The fuel guage just quit working one day and the low fuel light has been lit ever since. I found out that the low fuel warning switch is behind the glove compartment, so one of these non-lazy days, I'll get back there and see if it's a bad switch. That would be convenient.

Packman

Comment

unplug the sender and plug it back in a few times, that may solve your gas gauge problem.

Comment

i need to flip the sending unit plug wire to see if that is issue... i know the float is good since i replaced with new one a couple years ago when tank was in another car i had.

Comment

Sometime this week we are going to replace the springs, rear shocks and put the sway bar on AF.. I hope I can make the time to get it done since the kids started school.

Comment

Originally posted by jelybean View Post
                          Sometime this week we are going to replace the springs, rear shocks and put the sway bar on AF.. I hope I can make the time to get it done since the kids started school.
                          you should have more time since you don't have kids running all around all the time :p

Comment

Since you put AF in shows, i'd take out the hood insulation. It'll look better with the greasy stuff out and a shiny red underhood.
                            88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
                            Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

I was thinking about doing that.. looked like shit next to the other car with it on

Comment

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
                                Well she's gotta be running better than when she did before SF. With a newish radiator and starter solenoid. And you have the quietest door chime I have ever strained to hear lol.

Here I am thinking I am the only one with an extremely quiet door chime. The only way I can hear mine is if I am in a REALLY quiet place & I have my head under the dash!

I tried to post this a few days ago but the server was too busy
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X